Looking for Samir from Naviť Effex

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 05 May 2017   #1
Looking for Samir from Naviť Effex

I'm a bit hesitant to post this here, but there is growing concern among users of Naviť Effex that Samir Kharchi, the creator/ owner of Naviť, has been out of touch for at least a couple of months now. He's been absent from the Effex forums, which is unusual over such a long stretch, but even more unusual is that he is not responding to direct emails, where he usually responds within a day or two. I'm just putting this out there in case anyone here has heard anything and might be able to shed some light on this.

I am hoping that he's just taking a break or something, in which case I sincerely apologize in advance for creating any undue concern or negative impressions of his great products. If anyone knows anything please let us know; hopefully I am just overreacting.

Old 05 May 2017   #2
I don't think you have to worry about Samir. Maybe he is just doing something else right now.

did you try giving him a call? his contact details, along with his phone number, are available from his website, as are those of any legitimate developer.

http://www.fluidsimulation.de/navie...content=impress

Old 05 May 2017   #3
I have Samir's contact information; I've been in fairly regular contact with him via email for several years now. Of course the most likely scenario is that he is just busy with other things; it's just a bit strange for him to go completely off the radar for a few months without a word.

Old 06 June 2017   #4
did he ever get back to you?

Old 06 June 2017   #5
Unfortunately not. Myself and a few others from the Naviť forum have tried to contact him with no luck. It's now been about 3.5 months since his last post there, with no mention of taking a break, etc.

Old 06 June 2017   #6
Hmm.. well I hope that all is well. I worked with Samir on a project last year.

Lance

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7
did you try just calling him, on the phone?

Paul

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8
Yes, myself and a few others from the Effex forum have called him but the line just rings with no answer.

Last edited by frizz2112 : 4 Weeks Ago at 06:48 PM. Reason: typo

reply share thread