Looking for Samir from Navié Effex

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

05 May 2017
Looking for Samir from Navié Effex

I'm a bit hesitant to post this here, but there is growing concern among users of Navié Effex that Samir Kharchi, the creator/ owner of Navié, has been out of touch for at least a couple of months now. He's been absent from the Effex forums, which is unusual over such a long stretch, but even more unusual is that he is not responding to direct emails, where he usually responds within a day or two. I'm just putting this out there in case anyone here has heard anything and might be able to shed some light on this.

I am hoping that he's just taking a break or something, in which case I sincerely apologize in advance for creating any undue concern or negative impressions of his great products. If anyone knows anything please let us know; hopefully I am just overreacting.

05 May 2017
I don't think you have to worry about Samir. Maybe he is just doing something else right now.

did you try giving him a call? his contact details, along with his phone number, are available from his website, as are those of any legitimate developer.

http://www.fluidsimulation.de/navie...content=impress

05 May 2017
I have Samir's contact information; I've been in fairly regular contact with him via email for several years now. Of course the most likely scenario is that he is just busy with other things; it's just a bit strange for him to go completely off the radar for a few months without a word.

06 June 2017
did he ever get back to you?

06 June 2017
Unfortunately not. Myself and a few others from the Navié forum have tried to contact him with no luck. It's now been about 3.5 months since his last post there, with no mention of taking a break, etc.

06 June 2017
Hmm.. well I hope that all is well. I worked with Samir on a project last year.

Lance

06 June 2017
did you try just calling him, on the phone?

Paul

06 June 2017
Yes, myself and a few others from the Effex forum have called him but the line just rings with no answer.

Last edited by frizz2112 : 06 June 2017 at 06:48 PM. Reason: typo

08 August 2017
For those who might be wondering, it has now been about 5 months since anyone in the Navié Effex forums has heard from Samir Kharchi.  Several of us have tried every conceivable way of contacting him, with no response. If anyone has any information that they could share, it would be greatly appreciated.  

08 August 2017
:(

[Redacted, as we now know what happened.]

Last edited by LukeLetellier : 08 August 2017 at 12:48 PM.

08 August 2017
I did some online searches along these lines and didn't find anything, but it was also hard to tell if I was looking in the right places.  I fear you are right though; nothing else makes any sense at this point.

08 August 2017
If something has happened to him, that is terrible news. Lets hope it's just an illness or personal issue, rather than anything more terminal – but the lack of communication is worrying.

08 August 2017
Site, forum were gone as Samir
http://www.fluidsimulation.de or http://www.dpit2.de are not open
There were wonderful tools.

08 August 2017

[Redacted, as we now know what happened.]

Makes me seriously think about maintaining a document of 'If I end up in the hospital, please contact these people I'm currently working with..."

Last edited by LukeLetellier : 08 August 2017 at 12:49 PM.

08 August 2017
Originally Posted by LukeLetellier: Wow, that's big.

Here are the three primary possibilities I see at this point:

- He's medically unable to contact us - i,e - he  died, is in a coma, or a vegetative state.
- He was arrested for a crime, and has been in prison for the last several months (with assets frozen - which would make sense for the website not auto-renewing). 
- He's massively in debt, and is running from his former life. 

Last one less likely - but a sudden vanishing is always strange.

Makes me seriously think about maintaining a document of 'If I die or end up in the hospital, please contact these people I'm currently working with..."
Or he just wasn't profitable in the business and jumped out 100%, which seems the mostly likely. 

I doubt we'll ever know.

reply share thread