C4D + realflow plugin // Thick Ice Cream / Frozen yoghurt mesh

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

05 May 2017
C4D + realflow plugin // Thick Ice Cream / Frozen yoghurt mesh

Hi,

I am no pro c4d user and I am trying to increase my skillset everyday. I've got a sideproject going on which involves fluids. What I am trying to make is frozen yoghurt like this:

http://dreamfrozenyogurt.com/demo/w...en-yogurt-1.jpg

I've got the realflow plugin for C4D which is quite nice, but I'm struggeling to get my fluid / mesher to hold it's shape after emitting. I've tried bumping the viscosity mega high and basically changing each setting I could find with non to minor improvement. Emitting should be alright, just use a star spline which roughly has the shape of the picture above, but the fluid is to thin and flattens out instantly.

Do any of you guys have any tips that might help?

Would there be any other way you would recommend doing this in c4d?

Much appreciated

Thanks!

05 May 2017
more res and substeps in RF settings? show pictures to illustrate your issue please

05 May 2017
bnine, you should check out EJ's tutorial on Soft body Dynamic Strings; that'll probably give you the effect you're looking for.

The link you posted earlier is malformed. I'm guessing it's this:

05 May 2017
Quote: Would there be any other way you would recommend doing this in c4d?

Sweep nurb
- Star shape
- Helix path

06 June 2017
Thanks for the reply guys.

@nycjunglist: That tutorial looks great and the image link you added is excatly what I am looking for. That tutorial actually looks like what I am trying to achieve. Is there anything in c4d that would allow me to do as the tutorial shows, but still somehow make it slightly wet and slightly collapse in on it self the way layered ice cream / frozen yoghurt would do. My only fear is that it would look rubbery! But in all fairness, it may look amazing, I'll just have to give it a shot this weekend and see where I land

@uglykids: What ever I tried chaning only slightly increase what I would call density of it. It did not hold its shape at all and it simply looked like water. I will try and provide more info / screens / projects files this weekend or the next.

@EricM this would probably be the easiest way to do it but it is the slightly wet, creamy effect I am looking for. Hmm, I'll give it a shot and see what it looks like.

As I am no expert in c4d, but could @nycjunglist 's idea work if I somehow integrated a displacement effect with a slight gravity to it (This is just thinking of the top of my head, I dont even know if that is possible)? Would this be a possibility to sell the effect?

Thanks for the ideas and quick reply!

06 June 2017
You can still sculpt it/tweak it in the end.

This is a quick test with a sweep, an helix and a flower primitive shape.

06 June 2017
Originally Posted by EricM: You can still sculpt it/tweak it in the end.

This is a quick test with a sweep, an helix and a flower primitive shape.

Wow that looks amazing! This will be used in an animation (the yoghurt will fill the cup and fruit and stuff will sprinkle on top, similar to the usual and classic product ad), but as far as my knowledge reaches, sculpting would work great if this the actual yoghurt would be somewhat still and not "emitted" from anything. Please correct me if I am wrong!

Would it be possible to upload the .c4d to WeTransfer you just made for me to take a look at if you saved it? If not, no worries. I will 110% test out what you described, the results look amazeballs!

06 June 2017
^ It's not that hard to make yourself: Sweep Object + Helix Spline Primitive + Flower Spline Primitive.

Then tweak and adjust the settings to get the look you're after. Maybe add in a deformer to add some randomization.

06 June 2017
Sure Here it is.

You're right, once it's baked and sculpted you can't animate it.

But I added a fully procedural version which looks ok and can be animated. You can also make the helix editable and tweak the vertices by hand to add even more variation.

if this isn't a continuous shot, with clever editing you can switch from the procedural version in one shot, to the final sculpted version in the last shot (when fruit actually drops) and that's it.

Best,
Eric

06 June 2017
You can also use a splinewrap deformer, so that you extrude/sweep/sculpt a straight line of yogurt and then make it follow the helix. Even better.

And here is an animated version with 3 options LINK

Best,
Eric

reply share thread