Female figure WIP (Nudity)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2003
Female figure WIP (Nudity)

This is my third attempt at this and has driven me crazy over the last few years, I don't think I have ever tried to do anything else that is so blasted difficult, still I feel if I can pull this figure off I can do anything.
I am determined to get this thing deforming naturally anyway and have started in here this time with the shoulders (one of the areas that caused me to give up with the last model), and sorry for getting a bit carried away with other features as well (I'll pull them back a bit later), slowly though I feel I am finally getting somewhere this thing.
If you guys can see anything at this point that's not quite I'd appreciate your comments/suggestions.

Cheers

08 August 2003
man, its awesome . really good modeling and deforming great. i'm impressed coz its hard enough to model realistic anatomy, but its even harder to get it deformed naturally.
i looked very carefully to see if anything was a problem in deformation, as u asked, and i saw nothing but a few details. since its hard to explain in english for me, i'll post images to describe what i mean. but its just little details.

08 August 2003
oki, here are the pics.

first, the area in your pic. the green dots are placed where i have the impression the deformation is a bit "off".
the yellow arrow points were its maybe a bit too "hollow".

08 August 2003
image didnt show
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (5.9 KB, 493 views)

08 August 2003
now, 2 refpics, as comparison :

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (9.2 KB, 386 views)

08 August 2003
and 2

but its just lil details, and i may see wrong coz of the angle.
as i said, your mesh is awesome, i'm very interested to see it continued ! keep us updated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (6.7 KB, 365 views)

08 August 2003
Hmmm see what you mean, and no disputing the reference, I can see this really is going to drive me nuts. Thanks for taking the time on this reply by the way that sort of critic really helps.

cheers.

08 August 2003
Her pits seem really deep. Pits as in arm pits... its not a typo.

08 August 2003
This is really good work flyingP. I don't think the current deformation is necessarily wrong, but it represents a much more muscular figure than the one in the images posted by Deestrakt. I do agree the pits are a little too deep though.

Building and skinning a properly deforming shoulder joint is definitely one of the biggest challenges in CG, IMO. As I understand it, many studios will use several different models and/or rigs to accomodate the extreme poses.

08 August 2003
Quote: Originally posted by AdamT
This is really good work flyingP. I don't think the current deformation is necessarily wrong, but it represents a much more muscular figure than the one in the images posted by Deestrakt. I do agree the pits are a little too deep though.

Building and skinning a properly deforming shoulder joint is definitely one of the biggest challenges in CG, IMO. As I understand it, many studios will use several different models and/or rigs to accomodate the extreme poses.

Yep, they are deep I'm working on an update, just could take a bit, got a few other things to do at the moment, and there are just a few points to move there. I think I should manage to get pretty close with this though, although yes shoulder joints really are a killer, that and backsides.

08 August 2003
it think youre pretty close here buddy and i can see where the frustration would set in.
my thoughts are that the actual breasts seem a little low and more silicone looking (eg stuck on feel to them..to spherical). the first image top left relaxed is fine...but the one on the right with both arms stretched upwards i would expect more upwards pull on the sides of each breast and maybe more flattening spread. the breast deforming slightly more on the chest as a result of muscle stretch.
the influence is particularly marked when only one arm is raised..

all this said it is very impressive as it stands now.
keep up the work flyingp cos it will be worth it.

Henry Moore

08 August 2003
Quote: Originally posted by flingster
it think youre pretty close here buddy and i can see where the frustration would set in.
my thoughts are that the actual breasts seem a little low and more silicone looking (eg stuck on feel to them..to spherical). the first image top left relaxed is fine...but the one on the right with both arms stretched upwards i would expect more upwards pull on the sides of each breast and maybe more flattening spread. the breast deforming slightly more on the chest as a result of muscle stretch.
the influence is particularly marked when only one arm is raised..

all this said it is very impressive as it stands now.
keep up the work flyingp cos it will be worth it.

Thanks for the reply flingster, to be honest I haven't really concentrated that much on the breasts so far and there is only a very rough rigging in this set up at the moment, I'm more concerned that the shoulder is deforming as well as it can before I get too far with the rest, no doubt there will be a need for the odd muscle bone here and there to get things working better, I'll certainly keep your suggestions in mind though.

cheers.

08 August 2003
Quote: Originally posted by flyingP
Thanks for the reply flingster, to be honest I haven't really concentrated that much on the breasts so far

Ah, more of an armpit man eh?

08 August 2003
ok didn't realise this...makes sense.

AdamT : so when ya get home and the wife asks you "hi honey what did you do all day"...."oooh this and that...modelled a few armpits!!! heh heh.... its tough work if you can get it.

Henry Moore

08 August 2003
its entirely possible that the pit is not too deep just the area behind the pit is too built up. Its been too long since I really studied anatomy so I could not really tell you the name of this muscle.

Anyway the chick looks like her backis quite manly, almost no women have such a dominant back muscle showing when the raise their arms. anyway uber sweet keep up the great work.

Thread Closed share thread