R12 plugin round-up

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2010
R12 plugin round-up

It has been said that all plugins need to be alot of work to be ready for R12 (which of course is worrisome as some of our best plugs come from busy solo devs), and I was wondering about my favs (as well as plugs I'm considering buying). Here are the plugs I was wondering about - anybody chat with these devs about R12 versions? Maybe you devs can chime in if you have any release news? Also, should all Coffee plugs still work in R12?

Z-Blur (and other Biomekk plugs)
Paint on Surface
Align to Vector (defcon-X)
Xplode
Thrausi
Degamma (I know LWF Is built in now, but I like the options/presets in DeGamma)
XFrog
Dpit
KyamaSlide
Michael Welter's various plugins
Vray (does this need a big re-write like other plugs?)
PathDeformer (Renato)
Drive!
Add-the-Sea
Remotion plugs
Vue xStream connection
Realflow
Other plugs I didn't mention

Blackstar's plugs are already R12 (Reference Shader, Splurf, etc)

[Please, no crabbing in this thread - just info and discussion]

09 September 2010
Quite a few COFFEE based plugs work fine in R12, including SoloButton and Chestnuts.
Not all though, amongst other things a bug was fixed with COFFEE that means it's properly case sensitive now so scripts that weren't won't work now until fixed up.

I'd love to see KyamaSlide fixed, really handy plugin for tweaking loops on character meshes : )
Copy paste polys is another really handy one.

Cheers,
Brian

09 September 2010
Originally Posted by mikeh64: Vray (does this need a big re-write like other plugs?)

Yes, Vray needs to be re-written in order to work with R12 and this will take some time acording to the devs over at the Vrayforc4d-forums. I've read that they are working for some time now on the Vray-for-R12-Version, since Maxon provided Beta Versions, but a lot of functions are still not working at the moment. No timeframe has been provided yet though.

Patrick

www.patrickeischen.com

09 September 2010
My list:

fusionThing - Steve is working on this one (For all you who do not know, this plugin has ways of putting clones together that Mograph does not do, it welds the child objects together, you can define exactly how the child objects are propagated (By edge, a particular face or side, etc), it also has a great recursive function.

EnhanceC4D
StormTracer
TransulcentPro
CellularShader (Welter Plugins)
Maxwell Render
AdvancedAtomArray
MeshDeformer
NoiseDeformer (Welter Plugins)
PhotoMatch
Reeper
Rockgen
wornEdges
ArrowMaker

Last edited by Continuumx : 09 September 2010 at 03:10 PM.

09 September 2010
I've heard from at least one user that my MDD-I/O plugin no longer works. It's been discontinued and I really have no plans to upgrade to C4D 12 given Maxon's new price structure.
-K

09 September 2010
A handy little workflow plugin that I really like is 'Deformation' by xs_yann(c) 2007.
It's a plugin that creates deformers to fit and orient with the currently selected object.

This is COFFEE based, but didn't work in R12. I opened the .cof file up though and managed to fix it by changing a few lines and commenting out any references to Bone objects (since they no longer exist in R12).

So here's a fixed version, hoping it's ok to post as it was free originally, all credit to the original coder.

Cheers,
Brian

Last edited by Horganovski : 09 September 2010 at 04:45 PM.

09 September 2010
Originally Posted by Continuumx: My list:

fusionThing - Steve is working on this one (For all you who do not know, this plugin has ways of putting clones together that Mograph does not do, it welds the child objects together, you can define exactly how the child objects are propagated (By edge, a particular face or side, etc), it also has a great recursive function.

Nice to know. I like this plugin.

Regarding DPIT Effex: Samir sent out an email stating that he is working on it.

Also (adding to list):

SurfaceSpread

09 September 2010
Lennart mentioned the other day that SteadyCamPro was in the works for R12, there were some issues that needed sorting out though.

The other one I've grown quite attached to is AIT from totalemersionstudios, hoping that will find its way onto R12 too. And Thrausi, but mike already mentioned these.

Should mention that I wouldn't object to paying upgrade fees for any of these, it's understandable if there's a few days work in re-coding for the new version that there should be some incentive for the developer, especially smaller niche products.

09 September 2010
^ That reminds me of Harvester too from TotalEmersion. I use it all the time in 11.5.

And of course Cactus Dans character plugins, and Symmetry and Transfer tools.
I'd say these will take a lot of work as the coordinate system in Cinema is now changed a lot with the introduction of Freeze Transforms, but if anyone can handle that, it's Dan

Cheers,
Brian

09 September 2010
add-the-sea....on their site, motion-gimmick said they are in their last tests for a v12 release and it will be out around Sept 10

09 September 2010
Not sure how many people out there use my plugins, but it looks like a lot of them are not going to work in R12 until I purchase the upgrade and recompile - which will probably not happen for several months, if at all (I may skip this update unless a client requires it).

Sorry, folks.

-Adam

09 September 2010
So far, all of my free plugins have been rebuilt/tested and are available for Cinema 4D R12, Windows/MacOS, 32/64-bit. Will be working on the three commercial plugins over the next weeks.

http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzon..._cinema_4d.html

Thanks!

C4D-R16, VS2012, Xcode 4.6

09 September 2010
Originally Posted by bandini: Not sure how many people out there use my plugins, but it looks like a lot of them are not going to work in R12

Just tried your Batch Rename Objects plug in R12 and it works fine.

Great to see the Kuroyume plugs ported, many thanks.

Cheers,
Brian

09 September 2010
Hi all,

I received a reply from Per-Anders on the Storm Tracer forum that it would be updated for R12.

Nick

09 September 2010
Hello to all
Adam, early Destruction v0.1.3 (that win32 only) for r12 - http://www.box.net/shared/7f75sx7om2
And LightLister - http://www.box.net/shared/v0y62q8t28 . All copyrights are yours.

Robert, Brian thanks for update!

Recompiled AMa_ChamferMaker (// Copyright 2006, A.Marchenko) - http://www.box.net/shared/7qhxknsr2g

Last edited by ilay : 09 September 2010 at 07:36 AM.

Thread Closed share thread