Creating Floating Facial Controls

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

09 September 2017
Creating Floating Facial Controls

Hi,

I'm trying to create a floating facial controls. They are not on-face controls but rather an expresso based controls that are tied either to a joint rotation or a pose morph's strength parameter. I'm not also using visual selector.

I'm not sure how to do this in C4D but the way I set it up is that the facial controls is set-up on a separate view panel.

My problem is that I want my controls visible in the facial cam controls but not in the perspective cam. I tried using the layers to hide the controls but it seems to hide for all the camera views. Is there a way to restrict the effect of the layer to a specific camera view?

You can also see an illustration of the problem here:image

Thank you for your time

Last edited by bentraje : 09 September 2017 at 01:04 AM.

09 September 2017
You can't really hide specific objects or layers from just one camera.

What you can do is hide an object type using the Viewport Filters. So if these controls are all Nulls, you could hide the Nulls from the perspective viewport but allowing them in the controllers viewport.

09 September 2017
Another semi-workaround is to change the controller's display type using a Display Tag - then you can turn on 'tags' from the 'options' menu of one viewport only.
'Skeleton' mode for example makes for a very minimal display. Not quite absent, but mostly absent.
I've used it to hide the set for example, in 1 camera, while having it visible in another. Imagine when you are animating a character in a cluttered set - you want just the character in 1 view for easy posing but the set visible in the camera view to see the character in context.

09 September 2017
@51MON

Thanks for the response. I tried that but to no avail. The problem is in the perspective cam. If I turned off the splines, the facial controls are gone and so is the body controls.

@Decade
I never considered about the display tag. Thanks for the tip!

reply share thread