C4D Render engine poll

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

View Poll Results: Most of my renders are done with
Standard / Advanced built in engine 22 15.60%
Physical built in engine 36 25.53%
Radeon Pro Render built in engine 2 1.42%
Third party CPU engine 31 21.99%
Third party GPU (graphics card) engine 50 35.46%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

REPLY TO THREAD

03 March 2018
C4D Render engine poll

Just a quick poll to gauge where people are at. What render engine do you use for MOST†of your jobs?

03 March 2018
Who ARE these people that are using ProRender for most of their jobs? I think it's completely unusable.

03 March 2018
Just about everything with Vray.

Would like to start-up with Redshift to help 'diversify the portfolio' as it were, but those card prices are killer.†

03 March 2018
I'm testing the Redshift demo on 2 x lowly 980ti and it's pretty nippy.

03 March 2018
In the same boat as Luke. Was 100% Vray for some time, but using Corona more and more now and really liking it.†

Very interested in Redshift, but our studio is nearly 100% mac. Was planning on going back to PC for GPU rendering but the current price thing has put that plan on hold.†

03 March 2018
We might use a mixture of render engines on a given job, but the vast majority of stuff we do here at Cake is with the native engines.
OSX 10.10.5
C4D R18 Studio/CC/VizRT
Will's Works

03 March 2018
Similar to travismetcalf. I used VRay for years but migrated over to Corona last year. For me, one of the best professional decisions I've made. I love it.

03 March 2018
+1 VRay user that's kind of switched to something else. Still using VRay at work for now but have been using†Redshift at home. Managed to get a 1080ti before the prices rocketed, really impressed with Redshift, the speed, usability and support. Also nice that I can use it with C4D and Houdini.

I can't imagine using any of the built in renderers but I guess it's about the sort of work you do. For a lot of fast turnaround motion graphics I can see the appeal.

Great to be spoiled for choice.

03 March 2018
Originally Posted by mitchino: Who ARE these people that are using ProRender for most of their jobs? I think it's completely unusable.
..... me

03 March 2018
Redshift all the way

03 March 2018
Originally Posted by theglenster: ..... me
...and me

03 March 2018
Does any one has any idea of where Maxon intents to go with the native renderers? Standard + Physical + Pro I can't imagine that they all going to get the same love and care.

03 March 2018
Originally Posted by laurent: Does any one has any idea of where Maxon intents to go with the native renderers? Standard + Physical + Pro I can't imagine that they all going to get the same love and care.

My guess would be standard render probably gets dropped at some point in the future due to its age, physical gets further development at some point and pro render continues to improve as AMD work on it. But your guess is as good as mine.

03 March 2018
Switched to Redshift and have not used Standard again, with exception of building shaders for Unity and baking C4D textures to UV bitmaps for Unity and Substance workflow back to Redshift. My home GPU is an old K1800 and is suprzinlgy capable with Redshift , at work a 970 and 1080 in one box really makes RedShift sing. Getting super fast render times using previously taboo animation features like GI, true reflections, soft shadows, blurry refractions, motion blur, DOF. Itís just amazing how responsive and enjoyable Redshift is to use IMHO.

03 March 2018
I mainly use Octane and now have bought Redshift. The best thing by far about Redshift is the support, it is outstanding. I have just bought it this week after testing the demo for a month. Every query I had with the demo was answered within hours, I even found a bug in their displacement, and within a day they told me it was fixed and would be in the next release.

reply share thread