cmNodes Plugin Preview [C4D Node Material System]

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2013
Originally Posted by rsquires:

Is it possible to share such an exemple file? Would be nice....

10 October 2013
Thumbs up tip

Hi
thank you for this fantastic tool. Harder to find your tip for supporting you and cmnodes than come along with this new materials.

Keep up the great work
j

10 October 2013
I would vote for a few "geek nodes" like in MentalRay/ Maya - and actually better stability. Unfortunately to me this feels like a very unstable tech demo. One just needs to click in the wrong place and the whole thing freezes or crashes C4D. Not ready for a real production scenario as far as I'm concerned.

Mylenium

10 October 2013
Originally Posted by Mylenium: Unfortunately to me this feels like a very unstable tech demo. One just needs to click in the wrong place and the whole thing freezes or crashes C4D. Not ready for a real production scenario as far as I'm concerned.

That's a shame, it has never crashed or frozen for me and I've messed with it for hours now. What version/OS are you on? (I'm R15.037/PC)

10 October 2013
Same here, on PC it's quite stable. Seems to be a Mac issue

10 October 2013
I have it on Mac and it's definitely a bit sluggish. Especially when it comes to refreshing the node tree. I pretty much always have to manually refresh to get the node tree to show the correct images.

10 October 2013
Originally Posted by ollle: Is it possible to share such an exemple file? Would be nice....

Here's the file. Hope it makes sense

It does use Chris' excellent Enhance plugin which gives some really superb noises.

10 October 2013
Originally Posted by rsquires: Here's the file. Hope it makes sense

It does use Chris' excellent Enhance plugin which gives some really superb noises.

Thanks a lot!

10 October 2013
Originally Posted by rsquires: Missed an simple invert node, but easy enough to do by reversing curves.

There are many ways to invert, but I'll add an Invert node to my list.

And thanks for sharing those screenshots, it's great to see my plugin in use!

Originally Posted by mnu: I'm thinking about a ray sampler node providing info about the current shading point, the object being shaded, the object's display color, the normal, uv, etc. This would enable people to build far more sophisticated shaders. Shaders that behave differently per object would be possible...

Ah, I get it now. Like Maya's samplerinfo node. It's on my list.

Originally Posted by Mylenium: Unfortunately to me this feels like a very unstable tech demo. One just needs to click in the wrong place and the whole thing freezes or crashes C4D. Not ready for a real production scenario as far as I'm concerned.

I've received only a few crash reports so far, and the info I have received has been very detailed so I hope that I can work out some of the issues soon. Please feel free to send me any steps to reproduce a crash and I will do my best to get it resolved.

Originally Posted by rsquires: I have it on Mac and it's definitely a bit sluggish. Especially when it comes to refreshing the node tree. I pretty much always have to manually refresh to get the node tree to show the correct images.

I was working on this a bit last night and I've already got better update triggering, but it still needs improvement. So things like adjusting noise parameters inside of a texture node seem to be triggering updates much better, but adjusting parameters on a grade node do not. So I'm still working on it, and I'd like to put out an update this weekend even if it is only a slight improvement.

10 October 2013
Originally Posted by mnu: Same here, on PC it's quite stable. Seems to be a Mac issue

I've had crashes on PC, just clicking on a node. Quite Random.

10 October 2013
Originally Posted by JDP: I've had crashes on PC, just clicking on a node. Quite Random.

Same here. There is especially at double clicking to show postage stamp

10 October 2013
Originally Posted by JDP: I've had crashes on PC, just clicking on a node. Quite Random.
Originally Posted by ilay: Same here. There is especially at double clicking to show postage stamp

I'm curious why it's stable for some and not others. How frequently would you say it crashes? I wonder if something might be causing a conflict. If you don't mind would you be willing to send me a message with a list of your installed plugins? Or perhaps any bug reports generated by Cinema 4D?

10 October 2013
I played with it for quite a while in the last two days, no crash for me on Windows using 14.042

10 October 2013
Hi Chris, it seems to happen when double clicking a node to reveal postage stamps. Today I downloaded the example file posted in this thread. With this file I couldn't get it to generate any previews at all, then when double clicking one of the nodes C4D completely froze up and I had to quit it from the task manager. I'm using Win7 and R15. I've sent a bug report to your admin address.

Cheers,
JDP

10 October 2013
Originally Posted by JDP: Hi Chris, it seems to happen when double clicking a node to reveal postage stamps. Today I downloaded the example file posted in this thread. With this file I couldn't get it to generate any previews at all, then when double clicking one of the nodes C4D completely froze up and I had to quit it from the task manager. I'm using Win7 and R15. I've sent a bug report to your admin address.

Thank you. I've been working with a few people on tracking this down, and it seems that the work that I did on improving the updates within the past few days may have resolved that particular crash. That's just a guess at this point since I can't recreate the crashes, but I'm going to try to confirm this before putting out an update.

For everyone experiencing postage stamp related crashes - do you also get crashes when toggling postage stamps through the Attribute Manager?

Thread Closed share thread