C4D Library import is not keeping materials

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

2 Weeks Ago
C4D Library import is not keeping materials

Hi,

I recently bought a materials library (http://www.renderking.it/product/vray-texture-pack-v2/). I installed the library into browser and can get them to show up in the content browser. However, if I try to use them or press update texture link they become white and unusable. I'm very new to C4D, having coming over from Keyshot, so I'd appreciate any help!

2 Weeks Ago
Do you have v-ray? They won't work otherwise.

2 Weeks Ago
Would they work with octane if I also have vray installed or are they mutually exclusive and you can't interchange them?

2 Weeks Ago
Mutually exclusive. Each external render engine (Vray, Arnold, Redshift, Octane, Corona, Cycles, and more - the list keeps growing) has their own custom materials that don't work with the others.

Some engines (like Vray) can render a standard C4D material to some degree (though not in an ideal fashion), whereas other engines can't render standard materials at all.

2 Weeks Ago
Ahh I see. I did a quick search and found that vray doesn't support c4d r19 yet?

2 Weeks Ago
3.4 does not but I believe 3.5 and 3.6 do support r19

2 Weeks Ago
Yes, I'm using Vray 3.6 with R19. The latest build from a couple weeks ago has been my most stable experience with Vray since R17.

reply share thread