OT: Cinebench used to showoff DualCores

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Cool OT: Cinebench used to showoff DualCores

Hi all,
I was just reading over at Extreme Tech about the Intel Dual Cores and
came across the presentation foils. Look at the software that Intel used
to show Dual Core functionality....

http://www.extremetech.com/slidesho...843&po=6,00.asp

Can't wait till these start showing up in mass....

Mark

03 March 2005
NIce!!! Been waiting for these ever since I got my workstation. I think they plan on putting dual core in the Xeons too. I hope they don't change the slot, and that it requires no more than a simple Bios update to take advantage. But it will probobly take more. As long as I don't need a new mobo, I'll be happy.

Oh yeah, C4D recognition is always a welcome sight. I just wish they didn't tear up the interface so much, it was almost unrecognizable. Just the AM, a viewport and render progress bar.

Cool Stuff,
Daoine

03 March 2005
yeppee!

dual dual core xeons - that would be mine:-))))
then its time to update.

i cant wait, will they replace the "normal" xeons or will this be much more expensive?

cheers
lllab

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by Daoine: I think they plan on putting dual core in the Xeons too.

Mobiles as well. They've been saying 85% of their processor shipments will be dual-core or something
along those lines, I think by 2006.

Quote: I hope they don't change the slot, and that it requires no more than a simple Bios update to take advantage. But it will probobly take more. As long as I don't need a new mobo, I'll be happy.

I'm not sure about that. They've been discussing new chipsets as well, and although the bus
protocols aren't changing, I don't know whether or not the pinouts are.

Quote:
Oh yeah, C4D recognition is always a welcome sight. I just wish they didn't tear up the interface so much, it was almost unrecognizable. Just the AM, a viewport and render progress bar.

Given the target audience, that was probably more than enough for the majority of them to recognize
it, given Maxon's growing popularity.

03 March 2005
Now if we could only make out those numbers on the left....

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by Daoine: I just wish they didn't tear up the interface so much, it was almost unrecognizable. Just the AM, a viewport and render progress bar.

Cool Stuff,
Daoine

huh? Did they tear up the interface? or is it that they just used Cinebench which is a stripped down interface compared to Cinema 4D?

Looking at the image, it looked normal to me...but it's been a few months since I've had Cinebench open.

Regardless...I would like to use that magic image manipulation you see in movies so I could read those numbers.

03 March 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread