How can I make a copy the target area (with wight tool) on the right arm to the left?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

2 Weeks Ago
How can I make a copy the target area (with wight tool) on the right arm to the left?

You know it is hard to adjust with weight tool on one arm. I bet there is a solution to make a simmetry copy.

2 Weeks Ago
first off, you can weight paint both sides of your rig simultaneously by activating the symmetry option in you weight painting tools attribute manager. this requires a perfectly symmetrical model of course (in r19 it became more tolerant though). but you can also just paint one side and then mirror the weight over to the other side afterwards (but i'd recommend just painting both sides at once). if you want to know how to do it just google "c4d mirror weights" and a lot of tutorials on that topic will come up. will be much easier for you to follow than reading a forum post.

1 Week Ago
I try to copy with the symmetry part but it turns out if I adjust the bone with weight tool first, then I try to coppy with symmetry it doesn' t work.

Is there any solution to symmetry the weight lately?

1 Week Ago
i don't really understand what you're trying to say, but maybe this helps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnTElmPVJAs

1 Week Ago
03:16 It is helping (except mine is a body not a t-shirt) but something is wrong with me or the R19 becouse it did not work

1 Week Ago
it doesn't matter if it's a shirt or a body or an oreo cookie... i bet your axis is off.... check if the axis of your mesh is at x:0 and also if your orientation is correct. that means when you select your model, z (the blue arrow) should point backwards, x(the red one) to the right and y (the green one) up...

1 Week Ago
I am pay attention on that. and I try it evry axis too.
+ and I try not just the arm, I clear the half body weight and select all (like the tutorial) then symmetry and then some part of the body issymmetry and some part (most of the body) is not (including the arm)

1 Week Ago
if you want you can upload the file so i can take a look at it.

1 Week Ago
Thanks but... this is too crazy stuff. I rather create the weight bone by bone.

reply share thread