Announcing Cinema 4D R20

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

2 Weeks Ago
Announcing Cinema 4D R20

Check out all the sweet new features in Cinema 4D R20! Visit maxon.net or cineversity.com to learn more.

2 Weeks Ago
Yay!, new things!

2 Weeks Ago
Some nice features in there. Thanks for the  overview video. Still  wrapping my head around it all.

I was wondering how r20 will work with legacy files?
Primarily mograph scenes (falloff vs fields), and materials

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by JoelDubin: I was wondering how r20 will work with legacy files?
Primarily mograph scenes (falloff vs fields), and materials

MoGraph scenes import with a legacy falloff mode, and there's a button to convert the falloff to a field.

Materials still work like usual - the standard material is still available.

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by RickBarrett: MoGraph scenes import with a legacy falloff mode, and there's a button to convert the falloff to a field.

Materials still work like usual - the standard material is still available.

Perfect. Thanks Rick.

2 Weeks Ago
Does Xpresso in general benefit from the new node interface?

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by Mike Abbott: Does Xpresso in general benefit from the new node interface?
The new material node editor is the first, and in R20 the only, thing that makes use of the new node system

2 Weeks Ago
Looks great, especially the nodal materials and VDB. Congrats to everyone @ Maxon!

But was surprised that rendering vdbs is not in there (not even in the pro-versions). Realy wished I could render volumetric medical data in there (we have ways of generating vdb from medical images...)

Now begins the second waiting... the one for the Table of Doom (the one that tells me which cool things I wont have in Prime )

2 Weeks Ago
Any details on UV tools?.... Didn't find much... Only UV preservation with modifiers and better unwrap for spheres...
Well not the best release for my usual work (but I still will get it with MSA) so I really-really hope next one release at least will make some small step into gamedev field.

Last edited by E2GO : 2 Weeks Ago at 01:07 PM.

2 Weeks Ago
Some more insights.
Our Design Film chroma
and three video tutorials covering Fields and Volumes

https://www.aixsponza.com/projects/chroma

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by christianS: But was surprised that rendering vdbs is not in there (not even in the pro-versions). Realy wished I could render volumetric medical data in there (we have ways of generating vdb from medical images...)

Depends what you're looking to do. There's nothing to stop you from bringing in scanned data and meshing it. Some internal tests have taken cat scan data, then generated various cross-sections through.

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by imashination: Depends what you're looking to do. There's nothing to stop you from bringing in scanned data and meshing it. Some internal tests have taken cat scan data, then generated various cross-sections through.
Yeah, I hoped for volume rendering. Meshing I can do before transfering data to cinema.

2 Weeks Ago
Another big question:

Any significant improvements in handling large numbers of objects / object manager / UI speed?

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by Mike Abbott: Another big question:

Any significant improvements in handling large numbers of objects / object manager / UI speed?

https://twitter.com/the_glenster/st...635275060936704

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by Mike Abbott: Another big question:

Take a closer look at Multiinstances for a significant speedup with huge object numbers.

reply share thread