VrayforC4D 3.5+ & 12 GB GTX TITAN X Maxwell

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

08 August 2017
VrayforC4D 3.5+ & 12 GB GTX TITAN X Maxwell

Hi,

My friend is selling his 12 GB GTX TITAN X Maxwell video card. Now I have Sapphire HD7950 in my Mac Pro, in comparison to Sapphire HD, GTX TITAN X will be helpful in fast view port and fast rendering OR not much difference....?

And what you suggest... more invest in old machine or wait for new iMac Pro....?

Thanks.

08 August 2017
In my experience, viewport difference between most GPUs is minor for CG stuff (possibly due to bottlenecks with Apple's OpenGL). But that Titan will really come into its own if you're using CUDA-accelertaed apps like Octane, Redshift etc. Either way it'd be a useful card to have around.

08 August 2017
Originally Posted by Darth Mole: possibly due to bottlenecks with Apple's OpenGL

This have very little to do with Apple OpenGL(with is generally 10/15% slower than Windows using the same hardware), it is mostly due to the slow single thread performance of old MP.

08 August 2017
If you want to install a GTX Titan X, you need an additional power supply.http://frenchcinema4d.fr/showthread...mi-2010

08 August 2017
No you don't, loads of people are running them on native internal power. MacVidCards sells a flashed vision with just two PCIe power cables.

http://www.macvidcards.com/store/p4...Maxwell%29.html

08 August 2017
Is the card at 100% ? I have a doubt.

08 August 2017
Thanks guys for your suggestions.

Idea dropped, I think best is.... I will go the new Mac Pro which is hopefully coming in 2018 instead of invest more in old machine.

Last edited by iac : 08 August 2017 at 02:22 PM.

reply share thread