Cineware for Illustrator

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

1 Week Ago
Cineware for Illustrator

Maxon Cineware for Adobe Illustrator is out. It allows loading and editing of c4d files right from within Illustrator and it is tightly integrated into Illustrators 2d workflow.

More details can be found on the Maxon website:
https://www.maxon.net/en/products/c...or-illustrator/

1 Week Ago
This is great, but one thing I didn't get from the previews I've seen: can you render the 3D elements as vectors, or are they always rendered to pixels?

1 Week Ago
They are rendered as pixels. But Illustrator offers tools for vectorization.

1 Week Ago
as someone who makes a large part of my living from producing cgi packaging and product renders for design and branding agencies, I'm worried this will be a nail in my coffin...

1 Week Ago
That would be great if it did - there are only a couple of CAD programs, like SW Composer, that can generate vector output.They are also relatively expensive. Composer is around 5k.

Originally Posted by Nick: Thisis great, but one thing I didn't get from the previews I've seen: can you render the 3D elements as vectors, or are they always rendered to pixels?

1 Week Ago
Makes sense on a lot of levels but hopefully not something that requires a lot of extra time for MAXON's team to maintain long-term. Would hardly consider it a priority or even on the same level of importance as the AE version.

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by Blinny: Makes sense on a lot of levels but hopefully not something that requires a lot of extra time for MAXON's team to maintain long-term. Would hardly consider it a priority or even on the same level of importance as the AE version.

The AE version is still laggy as hell but I don't think it's Maxon fault.

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by mitchino: as someone who makes a large part of my living from producing cgi packaging and product renders for design and branding agencies, I'm worried this will be a nail in my coffin...
Yeah a good friend mentioned that as well. I hadn't really thought about it until he mentioned it, but it's a valid point for sure.

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by Edo75: The AE version is still laggy as hell but I don't think it's Maxon fault.
What are your reasons to suggest it isn't Maxon's fault?

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by mitchino: as someone who makes a large part of my living from producing cgi packaging and product renders for design and branding agencies, I'm worried this will be a nail in my coffin...

While your thinking is understandable, innovation simply has to happen. Otherwise no part of CG anything can move forward. We'll all get stuck with slow, expensive workflows that just won't work well in the 2020s or 2030s.

Have you tried this new tool? Perhaps it can allow you to create product packaging work faster as well, allowing you to do more work for more clients than you'd normally be capable of?

1 Week Ago
I did sound a bit negative! The positive spin on this is that my clients might do a few more lo-end renders themselves, but that might lead to me getting more high end work from them, and as you say it might benefit me to learn how to use the tool.

I wish though Maxon would just 100% concentrate all resources on making c4d what we all want it to be...

1 Week Ago
Well, just because the bridge between the two programs is there, doesn't mean that all of the sudden the folks in house at your client facilities become knowledgeable in C4D. I think you'll be fine, and if anything this new bridge will possibly help speed up your workflow, meaning you'll get paid the same for less time spent.
OSX 10.10.5
C4D R18 Studio/CC/VizRT
Will's Works

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by mitchino: I wish though Maxon would just 100% concentrate all resources on making c4d what we all want it to be...
My thoughts exactly.

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by mitchino: I wish though Maxon would just 100% concentrate all resources on making c4d what we all want it to be...

I don't think this has any relevance at all regarding the work they are doing on c4d internally. This is a deal with Adobe, which pays for development of a feature. Which MAXON would use to hire, or use a developer internally, who is an expert at integrating C4D into other applications (that would be their only job). This has absolutely no impact at all on the development plans of C4D itself.

And the remaining funds from the deal can then be used to hire more developers and staff at MAXON to work on C4D itself. Its a win-win really.

C4D gets more exposure, more people get to learn C4D and use it in new workflows. More C4D jobs for in-house positions using C4D. Leading on to companies purchasing full editions.

Last edited by kbar : 1 Week Ago at 08:05 PM.

reply share thread