Dynamics cached. Copy and paste into another scene - but without the cache

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

2 Weeks Ago
Dynamics cached. Copy and paste into another scene - but without the cache

Hi Guys,

I have baked (cached) some dynamics within a scene, that I have setup for simulation. Now I want to transfer that cache-animated results into another scene, where the visual settings are different and other things are going on there, too. How can I copy-paste so, that the cache-data comes with?

Thx,
Jens

2 Weeks Ago
Export the animated stuff via Alembic, then just load/merge it into the new scene. You don't even need to cache it!

2 Weeks Ago
I think you can not copy/paste it without losing the cache. But you can save the file end merge it into another project. That will keep the the cache.

2 Weeks Ago
You could also use an External Mograph cache that's saved to a file series.

That being said, the External cache gave me significant issues in mid-versions of R18; not sure if those have been remedied in R19.

(As an aside, perhaps you should rename the thread title, which currently says that you're trying to copy the scene without the cache)

2 Weeks Ago
Thank you guys.
I finally (re-) found the Function for it: IN the Timeline under function there is a "bake object"-algorithm, that does it perfectly and generates Keyframe of everything I needed.
Just for the Voronoi-Fractues, I first needed to convert the voronoi-Object to single pieces with "c".

@Luke: I have no Idea what you mean here.
@Mart1jn: I tried that, too, does not work. Did you trey it out by yourself?
@Darth Model: I tried that, too, but it is complicated and did change the model in structure and look.

However, I could make it now. Just wanted to let you know that there is a built-in-function for that and it operates fine.
jens

2 Weeks Ago
Here's the Maxon help file for the Mograph Cache tag:
http://c4d.cn/help/c4dcn/cn/html/TMOGRAPH_CACHE.html

2 Weeks Ago
I misread your post. I was thinking about cloth-dynamics. It seems you can copy and merge those.

reply share thread