Human Skin WIPs and Tips (Everyone feel free to post your own skin WIPS here too)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2003   #61
Reducing the distortion a bit, but it's quite hard. First symetry doesn't work in uv unless you move the UV of -50% so that the U axis is at 0, (but you have to change your map then(Map to -50% too))
And, unless I'm wrong, there is no Smooth function directly appliable to UV. Any infos someone ?

Old 05 May 2003   #62
Oh.....Thats looking really good Facial D!!

A tad too much spectacular,makes him look really greasey...but you are on the right track with this one.

Old 05 May 2003   #63
Yep yep, I'm just tooo fond of HDR reflection, 'cause there is no specs or gloss. But you'r right I should lower that a bit

Old 05 May 2003   #64
Maybe add some area of influence with gradients or something just to calm them a bit...but very excellent stuff.
Leigh is gonna freak when she see it!

Old 05 May 2003   #65
---> re edited it, see pic above, I've updated.

Old 05 May 2003   #66
Oh man...you cant get no more perfect on that one.
Very cool!

Ok,this is frontpage stuff here folks!
Proton,MikeRB get this up on the frontpage!Pronto!

Old 05 May 2003   #67
Without having a uv endomorph ala meni there is no direct smooth that I know of. :-(

I end up tweaking by hand. A smooth UVs brush would be very cool.

drip.de

Old 05 May 2003   #68
Newtek must fix the UV distortion problem ( Smooth interpolation of UV in subpatch ). A smooth Brush ( la Artisan) would be welcome for uvs too. I havn't used UV for my wip head just projection. Maybe you should try the UV to Morphmap script with a projection ( there's some info on this script on the Newtek forum)

Nice work Facial. The spec pass is a little bit strange especially in the front region. There's to much of refle in the eyes ( window shape) for me.

Old 05 May 2003   #69
I have no idea of the script you mentionned. I did generate a smooth Morph to apply my uv, but no script.
Problem is once you're done, you're done. No way to smooth back unless point by point.

Yep, the ugly white spots on the front are in fact the colormap (photos) original (real) reflections. I didn't manage to get rid of all of them. Hopefully the photograph I'm working with will next time turn around the model (instead of asking the model to turn) so that the light will be homogenic on both front and side view

Old 05 May 2003   #70
Originally posted by Labuzz
Newtek must fix the UV distortion problem ( Smooth interpolation of UV in subpatch ). A smooth Brush ( la Artisan) would be welcome for uvs too. I havn't used UV for my wip head just projection. Maybe you should try the UV to Morphmap script with a projection ( there's some info on this script on the Newtek forum)

Nice work Facial. The spec pass is a little bit strange especially in the front region. There's to much of refle in the eyes ( window shape) for me.

a friend of mine used the smooth tool with the airbrush in an endomorph of his model to solve this kinda problem. then unwrapped and made the UV. its not a "regular" method, but i think it works!!

Old 05 May 2003   #71
Facial D your work ROOOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he also has a great personality as a character.

Old 05 May 2003   #72
Thanx a lot Nemod I've updated the previous pic (again) I partly got rid of the ugly spec on the front area, also following Labuzz advice I lowered the ref on the eyes too, I think it's better.

Old 05 May 2003   #73
Originally posted by Facial Deluxe
Thanx a lot Nemod I've updated the previous pic (again) I partly got rid of the ugly spec on the front area, also following Labuzz advice I lowered the ref on the eyes too, I think it's better.

Looks pretty good but the spec is too high especially on the nose unless you intended his skin to appear greasy. The reflection on the eyes need to be fixed as it appears to be too large and postioned odd. The eyelids interior region would benefit from a tinge of pink instead of the dark color that currently appears a bit like eye liner makeup.

Old 05 May 2003   #74
He looks sweaty.
I suspect he's kicking the ol' pigskin around ;-)

drip.de

Old 05 May 2003   #75
Hi chewey, thanx for the advice I'll post sample of the photos I used, man his skin is really wet, might be the heat of spotlight or something else (like intensive smoker-skin). The black around the eyes, guess what? he had some make-up ! true ! In fact I used 2 sets (front+side) of 2 characters (the make up one is a punk (truth)(at least his hairs)),
I'll try to remove it if possible, although it gives an intense look IMHO.

Dobermunk u guessed

Thread Closed share thread