CGTalk > General Techniques > Texturing and Surfacing
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 02-10-2014, 08:12 PM   #1
Cerbyd
PRO
portfolio
USA

I need some help/tips on alpha hair ends.

Ive been working on hair texturing for about a week now. I feel i get better and better at making the actual 1024x1024 texture in photoshop but the part that absolutely kills it for me is the tips of the hair.

Ive seen plenty of hair tutorials but none touch on the edges of the hair and how to do alphas for them. My problem is i can never make the alphas look like natural or passable hair tips, it never quite looks natural.

Id love some help or tips on using alphas for hair ends. If there is another method id be all for it. What i do currently is get the lasso tool and make jagged up/down peaks along the edge then motion blur it a bit but it doesnt look right. So if you have some tips on alpha hair ends (or whatever you wanna call them) i would be forever grateful.

Also if you happen to know, how does one actually make low poly ponytails? Ive seen the varga (i think thats what its called) tutorial but that hair doesnt match my model.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #2
Cerbyd
PRO
portfolio
USA

Its probably one of those things where ill get better at it the more i learn and fail isnt it?

Old 02-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread