I think I'm getting close, but something about this process seems a bit wonky, I'm hoping someone can take the time to give it to me and other readers all in one shot right here in this thread. Thanks for reading.
- The first step seems clear, I need two versions of the same model. One can have unlimited amount of polygons, and the other should meet the low poly limits of my game
- Next I have to unwrap my high poly model. I can texture this as fancy as I want, though I should keep my texture file size reasonable
- I then have to unwrap my low poly model with the same seams as the high poly model
- Now I can line up the sections of UVs from the high poly unwrap to the low poly unwrap, and everything should be dandy.
- Is there a way, say in C4D, to transfer the UVW tag from the high poly to low poly or do both need to be separately unwrapped?