Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 05-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
Aazv17
Veteran
portfolio
USA

Transparency Map Problem

Hello, I've been having a problem that is making me want to throw my computer out the window. So here is the problem, I made polygonal hair for a character, and it's nothing too complicated, just some plane strips and planes for beard etc. So now, I uv unwrap them with no problem and make some textures in photoshop. that's the diffuse map and then ofcourse I need an opacity map which is the Alpha layer And they look fine to me, just as they should don't they? But then I put it on UDK and I get this crap So basically I get what looks to me like a faulty alpha chanel, or something of the sort because it is not hidding the parts as it should. It does hide some of it barely, but it leaves those white edges around, and for some parts like the beard, it's not doing anything, I can still see the polygons. I have tried saving the texture as a png and udk won't load it, it just crashes, so I used targas. On photoshop I save I first tried to save it as targa but it doesn't let you, so I you apparentyl have to change the image mode to 8bits channel in order to save it as a targa, so I don't know if changing that has to do with the damaged quality. When I import it to UDk, it looks uncompressed, the image is just like the one in photoshop. I have also tried, just selecting the diffuse layer and desaturating it and changing the levels so that I get the hair to be white and the background black, but that doesn't work either for the mask in UDk, it just does the same thing. If anybody can help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:22 AM   #2
Panupat
Expert

portfolio
Panupat Chong
Thailand

In the color channel, use an actual color to fill the whole thing instead of white. Some color similar to the hair.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
Aazv17
Veteran
portfolio
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panupat
In the color channel, use an actual color to fill the whole thing instead of white. Some color similar to the hair.

THank you, yeah that was part of it, I also messed up with the texture itself since it was going outside the uvs so that's why the hair looks cutoff by the polygons.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread