Trouble with Seams in CS6 Extended 3d

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2012
Trouble with Seams in CS6 Extended 3d

Hi,
I am new to painting in 3d and am trying to get past a fairly large amount of seam glitches I keep encountering (see image). Every time I try painting certain areas where the UV's are split apart, like the inside of this nostril, I get a lot of area like in the image where I move the brush tool over and it has no effect. Also, I see bits and pieces of the intended color on the outside of the nose.

I've already tried using reparametrize UV's/fewer seams but that doesn't seem to be fixing the issue.

I am planning to do this texture exclusively with 3d painting in CS6 so how can I just make these seams stop being an issue? Is there some tool in Maya 2012 that can create a UV Map with no seams? (except for the edge seams)

Thank you in advance.

(I wasn't sure if this was the right forum to go to because most of the thread in the photoshop forum are mostly about photoshop's 2d features.)
Attached Images
File Type: gif nostril_trouble.gif (63.7 KB, 2 views)

12 December 2012
Well, I can answer my own question, my uv's were a huge huge mess but after I used Headeus UVLayout and Maya and got the model's UV cut down to a mere four pieces, suddenly all of the painting operation are going swimmingly.

So, to anyone reading this having the same problem, there's no way around, go do your uv's right and try to have as few seams as possible (if you're doing it all with 3d painting then the actual layout doesn't have to be terribly comprehensible.)

12 December 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread