Gage Bush_Character/Creature_Molles Erectus

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Thread Tools Display Modes
  11 November 2017
Gage Bush_Character/Creature_Molles Erectus

Gage Bush_Character/Creature_Molles Erectus

These are the first WIPs of my character,Gomez Francisco Para Alexandria Noose, Esq. A monster from my comic that I am writing. Iinquired as to whether or not the waiver we need to sign includes signing away any copyrights or simply allowing AMD to use it for marketing purpose but have yet to get a reply. If it is the former then I shall be a most cross little boy.

I am currently using Maya and Redshift but will be using Zbrush and possibly Substance Painter to finish off the texturing. I shall give a hearty attempt at ProRender for a final render though I hope I will enough time to become familiar enough with it.

P.S. I hope I am doing everything within the parameters of the required format so far.

Last edited by Shadowhisperer : 01 January 2018 at 08:37 AM.
  11 November 2017
Here be my next update:

Whoops, I cannot seem to reorder the images. Anyways, the top picture is my original concept whereas the proceeding images depict my final efforts in Maya before moving onto Zbrush.

Certainly not my best UVs but I am hoping that my efforts in Zbrush will cover up the seams as I do not intend to animate this dude (at least this iteration).
  12 December 2017
Things are coming along swimmingly!

Though I could definitely pull back the wrinkles, those are pretty deep.
  12 December 2017
My next WIP is NOW!

I definitely need to fix up some things (most notably the weird crook in the the nearest tentacle), paint the main body, and add the tendrils to the tentacles before I move into substance painter.

P.S. You will notice that I resized the body relative to the head and I do indeed like the results.
  12 December 2017
I am now all done in Zbrush and will next move onto substance painter then Maya!

  12 December 2017
Welp, I had so much trouble with this thing that I just had to cut my losses, throw away my background environment, and try to fix my displacement maps. Furthermore, my entirely lighting setup kept on crashing so I was forced to rely almost exclusively on a dome light!

Here is my final render plus an extra angle.

The base model was done in Maya 2016, sculpted and painted in ZBrush, adjustments made in Substance Painter, and Rendered out on 2x GTX 1070s in 8:50 and 21:03 minutes respectively in Redshift.


I really blew this one but, there is always next time.
  01 January 2018
WHOO! I feel I really upped my game in the lighting department (not saying much) but what I learned I hope that I was able to apply effectively.

I hope all the extra effort was worth it. Now, time to see if I have enough time to attempt anything in Pro-Render.
reply share thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Society of Digital Artists

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.