JoseCastejon_CharacterArt_HybridSpy

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

12 December 2017
Hi, I am working on poses for my presentation but today I had already 2 internet blackouts. It added some pressure. That is why I am uploading this image as my final presentation, just in case!. I hope to add more images later today. Thank you, good look to everybody

12 December 2017
Final images: Rendered with Substance Painter at 3600 x 2600 px. All textures on the suit and helmet were created with Painter the head with Mari. The model is around 380 K triangles. I created 5 udim UV layouts. The model is rigged. I used Maya, ZBrush, Mari and Painter. Also for the presentation I used Affinity Photo.

12 December 2017
I found a better background HDR image onhdrihaven.com and I think it goes better with my model. Also I raised this image size and adjusted a bit the camera parameters and tone mapping. It is a 2800 x 1700 px render using Painter capabilities. I may not be ready to let this project go!. I hope you enjoy this image. Also I forgot to include in the software I used Marvelous Designer to create the jacket sleeves and the pant, but if you followed my WIP you will find I mention it.

01 January 2018
Happy new year!
Here is a render with mental ray. Basically, I am trying to create a big scene inside Maya and I need the model ready to blend well with everything. It is now fully rigged.

01 January 2018
The first scene purpose is to fill background. It will be seen trough forest and water.

This second scene is where the Hybrid character will be standing. The rounded platform is a landing place for a ship. Here I used the window I previously showed but I created a new model based on it.

01 January 2018
A preview render with the set and a HDR image. I will reduce the reflexion from the glass in the windows and increase the intensity in the sky. I looks nice and the set has no textures so I hope I will be able to create a nice scene.

01 January 2018
It took more than 2 hours to render this image on a fast quad core i7 and why GPU renderers are becoming an alternative. I will sure keep working with the AMD render to learn and use its full potencial. I hope you like it! and thank you again for this challenge.

01 January 2018
And a final image for this challenge with a closer view, it took 80 minutes of CPU render as it has fewer glass reflections due to the angle and it is a smaller in size as I cropped the last one. This one is maybe the cleanest and the one where the character could be better appreciated. I would love to give my character a happier face expression, but to its favor the color creates a happy explosion. I love these reds as they create a clean, futuristic and sober place and I can't get tired of them at least if they are properly contrasted.

Last considerations and credits: I created this scene in RAW linear color space, and I created the shaders using only Mental Ray shaders in Autodesk Maya 2017. I created a low,medium and high resolution version of the character. The one I used for this image has 376.802 triangles and includes the medium version. The character includes 5 UV sets to have more flexibility. I created a simple ik rig to help me create a pose.

The HDR image is "VHDRI_Sunset_Cloudy05" fromHDR Hyperfocal Design. I also used part of the "Megastructure" set by Vitaly Bulgarov, basically only some of theantennas. And finally some textures from "Game Textures" for the floor and walls. The rest is my work using Maya, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer, Mari and Allegorithmic Painter.

Thank you AMD, Kitbash 3D andCG Society for this opportunity
Jose E Castejon

reply share thread