Beyond the Wall - FINAL

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

4 Weeks Ago
Beyond the Wall - FINAL

Hi all,

I've seen some really great work soo far!

Here is my first entry for this challenge because I couldn't resist the temptation to enter and a big fan of the series.
Also I haven't illustrated in a very long time, so just here for a bit of fun and experimentation. Thanks.

My sketch concept is about teamwork and ambushing. Jon Snow is hiding behind his downed dragon (Rhaegal) killed by the Night King. While Drogon andDaenerysare chasing Viserion and NK towards the ambush where Jon is waiting to slay hopefully with his Lightbringer flaming sword.

Last edited by Derelick3d : 2 Weeks Ago at 03:20 AM. Reason: Thumbnail added

4 Weeks Ago
Hi all,

Here is my second WIP of what I've done so far...

So here I've worked a bit on the background focussing on the mountain detail slightly, the colour tone of the scene to make it feel more wintry.
Altered the scaling/composition slightly to make it more dynamic, although still figuring this out. Still lots more detail to do and enjoying it!!!

Thanks

4 Weeks Ago
This is my third WIP with a little more detail added to the background and foreground areas.
Next to work on the dragons and so on.

Thanks.

3 Weeks Ago
Hi again,

I've been busy with my daily work and life... but fitting this in where I can with some progress. Came back to this and realised it lacking something. Its not dynamic enough and the composition is off. So looked at creating some comp thumbnails and just some further details and effects on the artwork but have wasted my time with those. So hopefully I'll make better progress with my next post!

3 Weeks Ago

This is my 4th WIP of the visual and I think its coming together.
Got to work on foreground again, tidy up things here and there and work up John Snow (his position is a bit tricky) and potentially a wolf or dead dragon if I got the time!

Thanks for watching

2 Weeks Ago
Hi everyone,

This is my final piece and I guess not bad for a graphic designer.

Anyway, I've learnt a few things along the way and still much more to learn... But very happy with my personal effort and the result!

Thanks everyone

reply share thread