Sue Jang - Beyond the Wall Challenge

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

10 October 2017
Sue Jang - Beyond the Wall Challenge

Hi everyone,
Joining kind of late but am excited to participate. Hopefully I can output something with the time I have!
All the best,
Sue

EDIT: managed to make some last minute changes... thanks for viewing and all the best!

ANOTHER EDIT:
hello..
Posting another image (i know it is past deadline.. but thought I re-work the composition a bit just for my own purpose)
I think i was bothered by how everything felt too placed... so tried to
shift things around a bit and cropped some things out of frame so it feels a bit more accidental.. Also cocked the entire frame by 2 degrees or so.. to break up that
visible horizon line if that makes any sense.. ^_^; cheers and thanks for viewing. Any comments/crit welcome.

Secret Agent
KREOLA
Barlangis

Last edited by XSIEN : 2 Weeks Ago at 08:50 PM. Reason: adding the latest wip

10 October 2017
A little mock up on concept/composition- going try out a vertical composition next.
*Just made an update: uploaded the concept/mock up for both horizontal and vertical framing:
I'm leaning towards horizontal composition.

Secret Agent
KREOLA
Barlangis

Last edited by XSIEN : 10 October 2017 at 07:56 PM. Reason: new image upload

10 October 2017
Another concept: similar to 2 previous. will most likely change a bit as I make a progress but I think I'm going to stick with this one for now..

Secret Agent
KREOLA
Barlangis

10 October 2017
your sketches are pretty dynamic which I like a lot good luck!

10 October 2017
Hello Jessar,
Thanks for your comment!
A little update: Spent majority of time posing the dragons, i wanted its gestures to be deliberate. Drogon and Viceron in the mid ground.

By the way, anyone knows how to add thumbnail to your thread? I haven't been able to find the option... thanks for viewing!

Secret Agent
KREOLA
Barlangis

10 October 2017
hallo everyone!
Another update..

Secret Agent
KREOLA
Barlangis

4 Weeks Ago
Hello,

Here's another update of WIP:
thanks for viewing, any comments/critique welcome.

Secret Agent
KREOLA
Barlangis

4 Weeks Ago
hello,
Made a quick change-
Tried to re-work the scale of dragons as they were just too humongous... I thought perhaps I can get away with it and since they are huge and epic but more I looked at it, it just seemed too out of proportion... they are still pretty large in this version though. thanks for viewing..

Secret Agent
KREOLA
Barlangis

4 Weeks Ago
Man this is awesome. It's like Drogon is protecting the Winterfell stronghold. Love it so much!

4 Weeks Ago
Hey Miguel, Thanks for your comment, and thanks CG society for putting up the thumbnail on the website
I have uploaded the final image- (final for now as I'm going to be out of town for a few days and I'm not sure if I will be back on time to make another adjustment.. so here it goes)
Would have love to spend more time to finesse a lot of things but just like anything and everything, the time has come for me .. Thanks for viewing and any comments and critique welcome.

Secret Agent
KREOLA
Barlangis

3 Weeks Ago
Hello,
Here I have managed to make some changes at the last minute.. my last version...
Thanks for viewing and all the best!

Secret Agent
KREOLA
Barlangis

3 Weeks Ago
The shooting flames are a great addition! Really nice textures, and the blue fire on the left is a nice element.

3 Weeks Ago
hey thanks for your comment, yihli..!
Here's another update.. :suprised: my final ... thanks for viewing and I hope this is okay..
Good luck to us all !!

Secret Agent
KREOLA
Barlangis

3 Weeks Ago
lol sorry.. another version... ^_^; noticed a little mistake and made an adjustment... cheers

Secret Agent
KREOLA
Barlangis

Last edited by XSIEN : 3 Weeks Ago at 06:59 AM.

2 Weeks Ago
hello..
Posting another image (i know it is past deadline.. but thought I re-work the composition a bit just for my own purpose)
I think i was bothered by how everything felt too placed... so tried to shift things around a bit and cropped some things out of frame so it feels a bit more accidental..
Also cocked the entire frame by 2 degrees or so.. to break up that visible horizon line if that makes any sense.. ^_^; cheers and thanks for viewing.

Secret Agent
KREOLA
Barlangis

reply share thread