Alex Antuna - The Fight Beyond The Wall Challenge

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

09 September 2017
Alex Antuna - The Fight Beyond The Wall Challenge

Hello everyone! It's been a while since posting or entering a challenge. I know nothing about the show but will give it a shot! W.I.P. Images coming soon!

Last edited by Edgemaster : 3 Weeks Ago at 04:46 AM.

09 September 2017
Welcome to the challenge.

09 September 2017
Thanks Travis!

I finally had a chance to get moving on this Challenge. I had to do some homework on what the show is about. Got some really good help form my Co-workers on what the show is about. From what I understand is that I'm apart of a rare few who have not seen this show. lol. But from all the references I've found online this show looks pretty sweet!

This is my screen grab of the dragon I've started to model. This is just the base mesh to get me going and moving forward on this project.

09 September 2017

Showing the process of detailing the base mesh.

09 September 2017
Worked on some Displacement alpha brushes for the details. These brushes will come in handy later on and save me lots of time in the end.

Last edited by Edgemaster : 09 September 2017 at 11:42 AM.

09 September 2017
Made a very loose sketch of what I had in mind for the 3d scene I am working on.

Last edited by Edgemaster : 10 October 2017 at 06:12 PM.

10 October 2017
Short update from the weekend on the dragon model. Still making adjustments to body and shape.

10 October 2017
Having a little trouble figuring out this sketchfab. Hopefully this shows up.

dragon01 by Edgemaster on Sketchfab

10 October 2017
This is the base mesh for my wolf I created during lunch today. I would have added to the last thread but that Sketchfab started working and I didn't want to break it again LOL... But this is my wolf I started with Zspheres for today.

10 October 2017
Okay..The Zbrush Summit kinda sucked me in this weekend. But I did get a little bit of time to add to this scene. This is my Wolf WIP.

10 October 2017
Small lunch time update. I started to make the neck longer and adjust the head. Just want to get the over all shape set in good before adding too many details.

Last edited by Edgemaster : 10 October 2017 at 03:31 AM.

10 October 2017
Some more details I have added to the dragon. I started making insert brushes for the ice bridge I need to get modeling today and hopefully get some details to that part of the scene. I've been kinda jumping around on each part of the model to kind of get an over all picture set up.

This is the wolf I added more detail during lunch today. Mainly tried to add some teeth to him and make him in attack mode.

Last edited by Edgemaster : 4 Weeks Ago at 06:24 PM.

4 Weeks Ago
Retopo is what I've been focusing on for the Dragon and wolf. I had to get them to a point so I can add the real details and start to get the pose ready. Since the deadline for this challenge is coming up I'm hoping to hammer out some more details and get a pose set up for both.

4 Weeks Ago
Tonight was mainly adding some details and hopefully tomorrow I can pose the dragon into the scene.

4 Weeks Ago
So now more decisions on composition and layout of the main characters of the scene. A showdown between the wolf and dragon. I'm at a cross roads on should I make the jump to 3d max after all is said and done. Or should I just push what I have inside of Zbrush. The good thing if I keep it in zbrush I wont have to worry about carrying over textures and what not and keep the detail pretty high. Right now I think I'll just keep pushing as much detail until this computer says "no more!! no more!"inside of Zbrush.

This is what I have at the moment of getting the scene in place with characters and base elements. I still plan on adding more as I move along. But then what it really comes down to in the end is what I have time for in the end. Been mainly hitting this up in my late hours and early morning hours before work.

reply share thread