Extending the Challenge

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

07 July 2016
Extending the Challenge

We will be extending the challenge to the beginning of August to give everyone a bit more time do to some difficulty with the site and our IT change over. We will post up details this coming Tuesday along with any additional info. Stay TUned and post up those images here to get featured in top row.

Good Luck Everyone!

Last edited by Travis : 07 July 2016 at 06:24 PM.

07 July 2016
thank you...

07 July 2016
are we allowed to post some W.I.Ps in our own thread or only the final images?

07 July 2016
Wow. Good deal then. I was going to be turning mine tomorrow. Always up to the last min. lol. This gives us a bit more time to work the fine details. Thanks!

07 July 2016
Hello , Just wondering what happened with the Science category?

07 July 2016
02:23AM and...

I just see Travis post

Thanks for the note, glad to get the extra time
Good night everyone still awake!

07 July 2016
Thanks for the extra time!

07 July 2016
Originally Posted by Travis: We will be extending the challenge to the beginning of August to give everyone a bit more time do to some difficulty with the site and our IT change over. We will post up details this coming Tuesday along with any additional info. Stay TUned and post up those images here to get featured in top row.

Good Luck Everyone!

O.o, thank you ! I'm almost done but an extra week would be great !

07 July 2016
Well that's quite unfair on us who have met the deadline no?

07 July 2016
Originally Posted by Miked08: Well that's quite unfair on us who have met the deadline no?

It is rather. Although it's almost standard practice with the CGTalk modelling challenges.

07 July 2016
Originally Posted by Miked08: Well that's quite unfair on us who have met the deadline no?

Its unfair. Challenge extended 15 days is to much. All of us who finished on time had to work day/night and still our quality had to suffer due to finishing on time.

Now there is no point for us going back and fixing all renders cause it just doesn't work like that. While other contenders that have 15 more days can make drastic changes and finish all the work in better style/quality than us.

I know they wont change their mind, but i feel like i have been betrayed for being loyal.

Concept designer

07 July 2016
Hi, Can you confirm this extending??

07 July 2016
Never assume delivering on time, hard-work, and positive attitude go un-noticed in judging and life part of the reason we are rewarding those that have helped in the challenge.

This challenge was never meant to only be the best LOOKING there are a lot of factors that will come into play with a full 6 weeks of judging which will include moving you up the scale points wise if you are one of the artist that pushed to get those renders done and finished on the original deadline. you are also able to continue to create additional revisions for the new deadline. We are also providing a lot of opportunities for people to be helpful as this is a rewarded category as well as the science category

Please post any wip or shots here in the forums so we can see where you are and we will create a new forum here for the final shots as well. unfortunately our admin had to move across the country mid challenge and was unable to address some issues with the site in time for everyone to post.

If you pushed to make the deadline make sure you post that image by tomorrow. you are free to continue to work to the extended deadline but as mentioned above it will factor into the challenge.

Last edited by Travis : 07 July 2016 at 06:22 PM.

07 July 2016
Thats great news

Because I'm one of those who cant seem to log in to the phantom xyz site. This gives me a chance to really render things as well as I can also. So Thank you so much!

07 July 2016
Questions

I have two questions:

Where can I upload High Res Image? This forum only allow me to upload jpgs not bigger than 97kb?

Is it possible to submit one entry per category and person?

Because if that is possible, i will use the extra weeks for a figther design?

Thx in advance.

share thread