Character Peter

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2011
awesome stuff man, keep it up, I cant wait to see this rendered. The modelling is too good! Loving the house version of him, the slippers are a great touch The only thing that I find a tiny bit strange is the abscence of pockets on his trousers.. maybe they are pijamas though? other than that no critiques whatsoever really looking forward to see more.

07 July 2011
Thank you man. You're right. There is a problem: I started with bad topology, and now thinking about retopologizing the models for a cleaner result, so I can use it for direct normal map and displacement detail transfer. So the stage of small details is yet to follow. It's a bit hard to polish it now with all those creases I get because of bad topology, so I postponed this stage, and also because for now I'm trying to set main masses and details. I will make pockets definitely, thank you for the advice.

03 March 2012
I'm trying to make him more realistic. But I think I will need to check it with refs, so I won't deviate too much.

07 July 2012
I didn't know Zbrush has such a cool renderer. I will post update soon of the whole body.

Last edited by mister3d : 07 July 2012 at 10:01 AM.

07 July 2012
I reworked him to be more original and closer to the concept. I will add small details back , aging him a bit.

07 July 2012
I modeled teeth (took the older version).

07 July 2012
I worked a bit more on his home trousers, and added "pants" to his military costume.

07 July 2012
keep going this is getting exiting , the only thing that really annoys me is the shoe don`t like it at all but that`s a personal taste , if I were you I would go with this shoe http://belleville-boots.com/bellville219.jpg or something like it

07 July 2012
Originally Posted by thebest: keep going this is getting exiting , the only thing that really annoys me is the shoe don`t like it at all but that`s a personal taste , if I were you I would go with this shoe http://belleville-boots.com/bellville219.jpg or something like it

Thanks man. I think you're right, as it doesn't fit to the overall detail density. I think I will model exactly those you suggested.

07 July 2012
Itís coming nicely, mister3d! Like especially the home-dress version - goes greatly with the character! Folds are looking good, except that the fabric at his back isnít falling (plus maybe the fabric at his buttocks being rather tight and the folds square).
Not bad the second one if going for Superman styling. His trousers look a bit funny though, almost too much of 1950sí US-hero-beach-wear-styling. If it must be then give him a slight belly at least and an X-rated pack at his crotch (the area looking rather G-rated now). Personally i like the rubber boots - they're adding a slight kolkhoz-charme (the boots could be wider at his ankles, though). The outfit is also looking somewhat top-heavy - almost too many pockets for a beach-look - either less stuff around his upper body and focus on his sexiness, or the full S.W.A.T.-equipage, imo.

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by zokana: Itís coming nicely, mister3d! Like especially the home-dress version - goes greatly with the character! Folds are looking good, except that the fabric at his back isnít falling (plus maybe the fabric at his buttocks being rather tight and the folds square).
Not bad the second one if going for Superman styling. His trousers look a bit funny though, almost too much of 1950sí US-hero-beach-wear-styling. If it must be then give him a slight belly at least and an X-rated pack at his crotch (the area looking rather G-rated now). Personally i like the rubber boots - they're adding a slight kolkhoz-charme (the boots could be wider at his ankles, though). The outfit is also looking somewhat top-heavy - almost too many pockets for a beach-look - either less stuff around his upper body and focus on his sexiness, or the full S.W.A.T.-equipage, imo.

Thanks man! Do you mean the back of trousers or the t-shirt isn't falling?
He will swim a lot, that's why he is in a rubber-like costume. I'm thinking about the pockets, maybe compress them a bit? He should wear small mines in them. So his body will look like in a costume, not naked arms and legs like it may seem now.

Last edited by mister3d : 08 August 2012 at 06:13 AM.

08 August 2012
I added smaller details on the body.

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by mister3d: Thanks man! Do you mean the back of trousers or the t-shirt isn't falling?
T-shirt

Originally Posted by mister3d: He will swim a lot, that's why he is in a rubber-like costume. I'm thinking about the pockets, maybe compress them a bit? He should wear small mines in them. So his body will look like in a costume, not naked arms and legs like it may seem now.
Oh, i see. Difficult to say, what to do with all those pockets... leave them if needed. More an issue is his shoulder area when needing to swim - the guy isnít much able to lift his arms, so his swimming techniques will be limited to crawling in dog-style.

Nice improvements on the body! Perhaps his knees could have more substance around those kneecaps. And the area behind the toes (escpecially behind the big toe) looks raised, giving a strange shape in side views.

Hands: The distal phalanx (of the index at least) might be rather short (check also the bending there - the inner bending being far out) and fingertips are generally pointy in side view (ring and pinky also in top view). Somewhat strange in my eyes the default pose of the fingers - they are almost stretched while the first bending is rather srong. Also the thumb seems to be slightly pressed to the palm (more in z-axis).

08 August 2012
Thumbs up

Thanks Zokana, I will take a look at those issues. You are helpful!

Just for fun.

Last edited by mister3d : 08 August 2012 at 02:57 PM.

08 August 2012
Here's some update.

Thread Closed share thread