Character Peter

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2011   #31
I did some clothes. Still not happy with those, they need more work.

Old 07 July 2011   #32
This soldier is on vacation! Look at those sandals! LoL! The clothes are fine, I just feel the fabric of the shirt is, maybe, a like too light and flimsy. You can see all the muscles contour through it! If this was intentional then good job, but if you are aiming for a more stiff fabric then you need to work a bit more on it.

Cheers!

Old 07 July 2011   #33
Originally Posted by davius: This soldier is on vacation! Look at those sandals! LoL! The clothes are fine, I just feel the fabric of the shirt is, maybe, a like too light and flimsy. You can see all the muscles contour through it! If this was intentional then good job, but if you are aiming for a more stiff fabric then you need to work a bit more on it.

Cheers!

Thank you Davius. It looks like wet, right? Do you think it looks wrong?

Old 07 July 2011   #34
Hummm. I don't think it looks wet, just looks like a very thin/light-weight fabric. There's no such thing as right or wrong in art! Sometimes one makes something the "audience" didn't expect but it doesn't mean it is wrong. That said, since you're aiming at a realistic character, I say that the shirt fabric is pretty realistic and definitely could exist in the real world. Sure the shirt/pants could use some more detailing like seams, buttons and whatnot, but that you'll surely add further down the road! If you feel you want this kind of light cloth then it's ok, if you want a heavier cotton like fabric then I'd suggest to work a bit on separating the shirt from chest's curves for starters!

Cheers!

Old 07 July 2011   #35
Originally Posted by davius: if you want a heavier cotton like fabric then I'd suggest to work a bit on separating the shirt from chest's curves for starters!

Cheers!

That's a good point. I think you're right and I need to make it a bit stiffer. Thank you.

Old 07 July 2011   #36
Yes, i agree, thereís partially too much material especially under his breasts, some creases are also too narrow (under his left breast). The T-shirt isnít falling vertically at his back, plus creases right below his buttocks could fall down more, regarding the lazy home dress look of this retired veteran.
An other crit about the body: i think his arm at the elbow is getting too flat.

The rest very good, nothing to sneeze at... keep going

Old 07 July 2011   #37
Originally Posted by zokana: The T-shirt isnít falling vertically at his back

Thank you Zoltan. Do you mean the t-shirt now has too much folds at the back?

Old 07 July 2011   #38
Originally Posted by mister3d: Thank you Zoltan. Do you mean the t-shirt now has too much folds at the back?

No, i didn't mean that, but now, seeing your question, yes - the fold under the shoulder blade is creating almost too much additional material.

edit: especially the beginning of the fold (also under the breasts) look too round.

Last edited by zokana : 07 July 2011 at 01:28 PM.

Old 07 July 2011   #39
I can totally see what you guys are saying. I tried to fix those issues.

Old 07 July 2011   #40
The folds around the torso and also the backside of the trousers are much better now. The crotch area is looking somewhat flat. Fact is that bodybuilders may have sometimes more in the biceps, but heís a hero, needing imo a somewhat larger package there (incl the stretching creases), or let the trousers more hang.

An other thing about the hanging down of the T-shirt: i donít know for what kind of pose youíre creating the clothing, but the top doesnít fall properly down at the back (going inward right now), and the fabric isnít hanging well at his sides either (t-shirts mostly arenít tapered). The same for the back of the sleeves.

And iíd make the collar slightly larger to make him dressing easier.

Old 07 July 2011   #41
Thank you Zokana. I tried to fix it.

Old 07 July 2011   #42
Everything cool now, iíd almost say I really donít want you to spoil your work because of my nit-picking, so here an unerring input: His pipishka is most strange now and distracting, looks like he was hiding a tennis ball there. Iíd say cool heroes donít wear undies, but those who do have their package higher, larger, less round. Try maybe to loosen those trousers a bit if you donít want to get into detail (especially inbetween the legs).

Old 07 July 2011   #43
Originally Posted by zokana: Everything cool now, iíd almost say I really donít want you to spoil your work because of my nit-picking, so here an unerring input: His pipishka is most strange now and distracting, looks like he was hiding a tennis ball there. Iíd say cool heroes donít wear undies, but those who do have their package higher, larger, less round. Try maybe to loosen those trousers a bit if you donít want to get into detail (especially inbetween the legs).

haha, you gave me a good laugh. I will look at some superheroes, how it's done. Thank you for such valuable comments. Really helpful!

Old 07 July 2011   #44
Originally Posted by mister3d: haha, you gave me a good laugh. I will look at some superheroes, how it's done. Thank you for such valuable comments. Really helpful!

Certainly not easy to get it masculine but also discreet

Not bad imo:
http://www.enamora.de/images/208/86...-blau-0x0-1.jpg

Old 07 July 2011   #45
Thank you, Zoltan. I will work on that part when refining.
Here's some update with his military costume. I used some parts from my previous version, but I will have to tweak them, as I know hi-res modeling a bit better now. It's only a base blocking. Then I want to make retopology and further using normal bump and displacement for finer details.

Thread Closed share thread