Female character Chan (mild nudity)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #46
Hi.

Your model is 6.5 heads tall. I belive thats too short or head too big.
If you want an stilyzed body it has to be around 8 heads tall.

Something is bothering me about the shoulders - hips ratio.
Shulders are for a skinny woman while hips are for the wide/voluptuous kind of woman. They arent mixing together.

Hand or fingers seems too long I cant really tell what is it but looks kind of too big of a hand.

keep up!

Last edited by Argon18 : 09 September 2012 at 04:56 PM.

Old 09 September 2012   #47
You were totally right Alfonso, I felt something is wrong, but could't find what it is with figure proportions. Thank you for your help!
I made some changes.

Old 11 November 2012   #48
An update.

Old 11 November 2012   #49
Im no expert at all... Ill just throw what comes to my mind.

Clavicle is too straight.
Clavicle is protruding too much near sternum.
Abs are too defined. Need more fat/roundnes. Also around navel.

Ill move all hips (butt included) up. Making the legs longer. Crotch and butt higher.

Upper leg / hips / greater trochanter is too wide.
Greater trochanter should have a depresion I think.

Ill like to see leg adductors more defined. They usually look like an inverted piramid. In my mind at least

Knees looks good but, there is something weird where the knee meets the tibia in the inner side. Missing some volume there.

Ill model females on shoe heels so they look more atractive.

From back view Im missing some fat in the waist area.

I hope it helps.

Old 11 November 2012   #50
Unless she is a body builder, the 6 pack & overall definition seems too much for a lady.

maybe sometimes, less is more? Her body shape seems more average, not skinny, but not plump & the details on her seems to be more on the slim, well toned type. I actually prefer more flabby in terms of the sculpting.

Also , I feel the neck is too slim, too long for the body.

Old 11 November 2012   #51
Argon18, thanks a lot for your detailed observation. That's really helpful, and I will check it thoroughly.
PKD, I think you're right. It's also the lighting which creates this impression, which is very contrasty. I think with more soft one it would look more mild.

Old 11 November 2012   #52
A little update.

Old 11 November 2012   #53
I see you softened her a little bit , moving in the right direction , keep going

Old 11 November 2012   #54
Thank you! I don't know if I need to soften her more?

Old 11 November 2012   #55
Originally Posted by mister3d: Thank you! I don't know if I need to soften her more?

well not really I think she looks nice as it is now , just that she doesn`t look like a cute girl more like a bit strong , but I think that you meant her to look like this right?

Old 11 November 2012   #56
Originally Posted by thebest: well not really I think she looks nice as it is now , just that she doesn`t look like a cute girl more like a bit strong , but I think that you meant her to look like this right?

May be like a fitness girl, considering her clothes. I just wanted to show character modeling for my portfolio with different characters. I don't know, I will take a look later at her. Thank you for support.
It's also the lighting. I made it very contrast, but in a more usual way it will look like this

Last edited by mister3d : 11 November 2012 at 06:00 PM.

Old 11 November 2012   #57
Made a PO with the previous update but then i had to go... and now i have the feel that shoulders were almost somewhat narrow on my PO... , however, here it is:

Old 11 November 2012   #58
Thumbs up

Zokana, thanks a lot for the overpaint! I will also compare with figure references, Right now it might be going into idealization root, but I will have to check and think. Anyway, I really appreciate your help.

EDIT: I just looked again and see how subtle your adjustments are, so I just didn't noticed them. Tomorrow I will have fun exploring them.

Last edited by mister3d : 11 November 2012 at 04:26 PM.

Old 11 November 2012   #59
hey mister3d what an great improvement in skills since you first started this ( i saw your anatomy thread ). I also just started modeling an asian girl's face also so hopefully some of the things i say will apply.

I think that the face does not look asian or similar to your concept compared with some of your older iterations, and although you said that you do not want to put monolids on your model you should still put in the epicanthal regardless of whether she has tapered or parallel eyelid crease. Also, it seems you do have some artifact around the eyes so i would go one higher sub-d and that upper lid is way to pronounced usually there is the skin/fat that overhangs it.

Another thing i noticed is that the side profile of the face is definitely not asian for example the eyes are way too deep in their sockets and the nose is too prominent and the face generally is too gaunt for someone of her age and ethnicity. So, i would soften some of the transitions on her face and fill her out a little more.

Just wondering what material in zbrush are you using?

Old 11 November 2012   #60
Hey, thanks Gyarados for helping! Modeling Chan seems like a never-ending journey. The problem with the concept is when you start modeling like a not-so-ideal face, people say it's wrong. There's a tendency in 3d to making idealized characters, which is a problem and sets some unspoken standards. Practically if you model a girl, it should be a super-sexy, slim, 10-heads legged girl. But I think I should experiment and try to step back and make her more unique, as it was the initial idea. I'm unsure on how to make her finally.
Now I see what you mean about the eyes. I will try making epicanthal more evident by making its angle more prominent. So you think it also has to do with how parallel the crease is? I didn't notice this, I was trying to understand what's wrong with the eyes, but not much progress.
You are right I can soften some facial features. Now I watch young faces and see how different and much smoother they are, and what folds appear. I even wanted to make a nasolabial fold to her at first. Well, time teaches us about wrinkles.

I'm using standard material.
I will look into those issue soon, thank you a lot for spending time helping. hopefully I will improve.

Thread Closed share thread