Female character Chan (mild nudity)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2011   #16
Zokana, thank you once again. I learn with you so much.
Jack, it's hair-farm , a great plugin for 3ds Max. I agree with you, the hair still looks rough, I'm still learning.

Old 06 June 2011   #17
Wow, what a nice asian female model.
It's good to see a different body and face type, which can be very hard to model.
Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.
Cheers.

Old 06 June 2011   #18
I'll be busy with work for several days, and then get back to it. For now, there's the concept I did and work from. I wil need to see how it matches current version.

Old 06 June 2011   #19
Very nice concept drawings, Alexander! Percisely elaborated! Nonetheless, at a certain state of modeling iíd suggest to better leave the concept drawings and to use the advantage of a 3d application to correct shapes at other viewing angles, keeping an eye on the concept, but not being a slave of it.

Old 06 June 2011   #20
Originally Posted by zokana: Very nice concept drawings, Alexander! Percisely elaborated! Nonetheless, at a certain state of modeling iíd suggest to better leave the concept drawings and to use the advantage of a 3d application to correct shapes at other viewing angles, keeping an eye on the concept, but not being a slave of it.

That's a good point, Zokana. Thank you for feedback.

Old 06 June 2011   #21
Some minor update.

Old 06 June 2011   #22
Very nice improvements, mister3d! The shin and the lower abdo are a lot better. More convincing now also the belly.

The triangle where the sternum starts is slightly high, and the area of the stomach somewhat simplified.

The armpit in frontal view is low.(..having the armpit lower at the front than at the back could be a sign)

An other part iíd take a close look is the lower back. The whole shape looks concave while having there a lot of subtle little shapes in reality. Special attention needs the area behind the waist. Too flat for a boyish slender type and much too flat for the type youíre modeling.

Some fat pads are missing also at the outer side where buttocks and thighs meet. Nice would be to see at the side of the hips a more precise depicting of the anatomy - where exactly is e.g. the iliac crest, the femur, both affecting the shape there a lot.

The model made a lot of progress. Keep it going!

Old 06 June 2011   #23
Very good points, Zokana. You are as valid as a good anatomical teacher. Some people make this site rich, and you are one of them. Thank you for your help and time.

Old 06 June 2011   #24
Update.

Zokana, I'm not sure about this, I can't find where it is exactly wrong. Maybe I just don't understand the translation.

Originally Posted by zokana: The triangle where the sternum starts is slightly high, and the area of the stomach somewhat simplified.

Old 06 June 2011   #25
Nice update! Side of the hip better. Perhaps the femur a tiny little bit too low (not sure about this, but sure that it isnít the widest point of the hip), and the shape of the iliac crest is still missing (donít forget the fat covering it around the waist, so the shape is usually there).

The Ďsternum issueí is well corrected now. Only the area between the two breasts looks a bit shapeless imo - try to get the breast shapes there slightly more continuous.

The curve of the ribs at the sides looks regular.(Donít forget all the muscles covering them more toward the upper area (like where the obliqui ext. and the serrati ante. braid into each other , which are anyway only visible when lifting the arms very high)

The part needing most attention now is imo the buttocks:

And a minor issue between thumb and index: i think the skin between them could be pulled back a bit (toward wrist). The area there anyway somewhat large and uniformly flat.

cheers
z

edit: here a beautiful nude btw, showing greatly whatís happening around hips and ribs (but note that the weight is more on her right leg, making the femur more visible): (copy&paste the URL into new window)
http://16.imagebam.com/dl.php?ID=25...e2971654bf8438c

Last edited by zokana : 06 June 2011 at 03:48 PM.

Old 06 June 2011   #26
Thank you, Zokana! As usual, you're right and have a good eye. I will come back to those issues today later.
For now I started modeling clothes. Shoes and the top is to come.

Old 06 June 2011   #27
Good work on the creases - some very nice areas, like:
- left shin, front
- right knee, backside
- groin area, front

not 100% yet:
- buttocks and right below. The stretching of the material (as greatly done at the front side) is missing there.
- knee areas in front (hanging of the mat. probably not strong enough)
- the lowest part at both legs, especially above right foot at the front side, plus material looks like getting partially wider (both sides).

Old 06 June 2011   #28
Once again, good comments, very helpful.
Originally Posted by zokana: not 100% yet:
- buttocks and right below. The stretching of the material (as greatly done at the front side) is missing there.

I agree it looks not convincing. What's runny, I did it from a photo reference, but it doesn't look as convincing on a model, which means not everything you make from a photo will look like one.

Originally Posted by zokana: - knee areas in front (hanging of the mat. probably not strong enough)

Yep, there should be more stretching with such folds.
Originally Posted by zokana: - the lowest part at both legs, especially above right foot at the front side, plus material looks like getting partially wider (both sides).

Do you mean folds are not convincing there yet? I agree that it has some stretching which looks way big.

Old 06 June 2011   #29
Originally Posted by mister3d: Do you mean folds are not convincing there yet? I agree that it has some stretching which looks way big.

Those deviding creases on the falling fabric at the last square above the right foot isnít comprehensible. Might be fine on a photo, but looks somewhat constructed in CG. Plus lower seams at both feet in frontal view too round.

Old 06 June 2011   #30
Zokana, I wanted to ask you. What fo you think is the best way to practise human form and anatomy after learning anatomy course? As human body is so much more complex. I still struggle with all those nuances. Or just the practice makes perfect?

Originally Posted by zokana: Perhaps the femur a tiny little bit too low (not sure about this, but sure that it isnít the widest point of the hip), and the shape of the iliac crest is still missing (donít forget the fat covering it around the waist, so the shape is usually there).

Judging by books, this bone is the widest point there, perhaps I'm wrong and there's additional fat over it?

Originally Posted by zokana: edit: here a beautiful nude btw, showing greatly whatís happening around hips and ribs (but note that the weight is more on her right leg, making the femur more visible): (copy&paste the URL into new window)
http://16.imagebam.com/dl.php?ID=25...e2971654bf8438c

For some reason I can't see the image.

The update.

Thread Closed share thread