Look and criticize

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2011   #1
Look and criticize

Look and criticize

Last edited by Strannik : 04 April 2011 at 09:38 AM.

Old 04 April 2011   #2
Looks pretty cool as an image, a few things that are standing out are the fins on the tail end of the ship, they seem to be backwards based off of how aircraft are built by todays standards. Another thing would be that the two ships that you do see seem to be a little too uniform. One thing that you could do is adjust the textures on one of the ships or both of them to give them some history to it. Maybe some burn marks around the thrusters, scratches from space debris... ect. One other thing you could do is maybe add some custom add ons for the ships like an extra metal plate here or there, or some wires, something along those lines. Pretty sweet image though good work.

Old 04 April 2011   #3
Now this is a simple scene in which I work out of a model - its detail and overall texture.

A little later, when you create a battle scene, I certainly will add bruises and injuries to the texture.

Unevenness of the damaged engines and the tail - the smoke will also be there.

Old 04 April 2011   #4
Cool spaceship design, good composition, nice details

Forward-swept wings have been used on real planes such as the X-29 and are often pictured in sci-fit space planes

* It looks to me like the roll of the back-half is inconsistent with the roll of the front half
* Too much foreshortening on the back tail fin
* Why does the super bright star create a blinding horizon of light across the width of the image?
* Overall background space looks way too bright...

Old 04 April 2011   #5
Vortex - view

Old 04 April 2011   #6
Some discrepancies are explained by the fact that I was a little away from realism toward entertainment.

Old 04 April 2011   #7
Originally Posted by Strannik: Some discrepancies are explained by the fact that I was a little away from realism toward entertainment.

It's confusing though, I just wasn't sure what it was supposed to be...it looks like you took pictures of clouds, space, nebulas and overlapped them.

You could achieve essentially the same composition by making it a low-orbit shot, with the bright light being the planet's primary star cresting the horizon, and the clouds below being atmospheric clouds, with space above

Old 04 April 2011   #8
Quite possibly will do so

Old 04 April 2011   #9

Old 05 May 2011   #10
a little update

Last edited by Strannik : 05 May 2011 at 07:01 PM.

Old 05 May 2011   #11
The overall image looks really good, the spaceships and the bright light coming out towards the viewer are all really cool. I do agree the background is all a bit too light. Even if you not aiming for realism a few darker areas as you get further into the background would really add depth to your image and add emphasis to the lighter areas where the action is taking place. Good work though

Old 05 May 2011   #12
several species

Last edited by Strannik : 05 May 2011 at 08:27 PM.

Old 05 May 2011   #13
This is INCREDIBLE. Seriously, in love with it, love the renders, the model, everything, each single detail. Awesome, if you're doing more, keep with it please!

Old 05 May 2011   #14
Yeh, lookin' real good to me, lovin the retro sci-fi look of the pink and purple render.

Old 05 May 2011   #15
Yeah I love that! Nice modelling and detailing...

really makes them ships look large.

The other ship from the first post reminds me a lot of the Su-47

Thread Closed share thread