recognize human modelling

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2009
Excuse me for not explaining.
The black line is the center of the head (at a rough guess) - the eyes of your model is definitely above that center line, while the eyes of the reference is (in my opinion) in the vertical center (or even below).
The red line and escpecially the red arrows show the corrections I would suggest, regarding your reference photos.
Regards

PS: This are just suggestions you could play around with, when trying to find the right shape. I recommend to post the same view of your model, as the photo was taken. (making it easier also for you to see the differences)

Last edited by zokana : 07 July 2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: PS

07 July 2009
Originally Posted by zokana: Excuse me for not explaining.
The black line is the center of the head (at a rough guess) - the eyes of your model is definitely above that center line, while the eyes of the reference is (in my opinion) in the vertical center (or even below).
The red line and escpecially the red arrows show the corrections I would suggest, regarding your reference photos.
Regards

PS: This are just suggestions you could play around with, when trying to find the right shape. I recommend to post the same view of your model, as the photo was taken. (making it easier also for you to see the differences)

thx i get your point
don't know how to express my gratitude that u spend time for my work. i really would like to make this better for my job interview

but the proportion of the eyes, nose and the mouth should be correct
so if i need to make the eye near to the center line, i only make the top of the head go upward without changing the facial features.
This make the center line move without affect the eye?
i really don't want to make unnessary try at the eye

Last edited by ianlai : 07 July 2009 at 04:57 PM.

07 July 2009
Originally Posted by ianlai: [...] i really don't want to make unnessary try at the eye

hehe. Iím quite shure about the eye position. If you "make the top of the head go upward" you will get a slimmer head, which looks already somewhat too narrow at the moment.
Looking forward seeing your updates!

07 July 2009
Originally Posted by zokana: hehe. Iím quite shure about the eye position. If you "make the top of the head go upward" you will get a slimmer head, which looks already somewhat too narrow at the moment.
Looking forward seeing your updates!

but if i move the eye lower the nose and eye distance will be shorter

07 July 2009
Originally Posted by ianlai: but if i move the eye lower the nose and eye distance will be shorter

absolutely! yuo'll need to adjust nose and lips again. The nose might be anyway somewhat too large; resizing it will give you the correct proportions back. Good luck, man!

07 July 2009
thx i need to spend some time to do it

07 July 2009

Your problems that I see are mostly human proportion issues.

Here is a video tutorial on facial proportions.

Here is a nice template that has all the proportions all laid out.

07 July 2009
Originally Posted by SeanJM:
Your problems that I see are mostly human proportion issues.

Here is a video tutorial on facial proportions.

Here is a nice template that has all the proportions all laid out.

thanks for your attention
i make the crown a little bit higher
i agree that the ear lobe should be lower to the nose, but i have checked that the ear top should lower than the eyebrow
the mouth according to reference 2, it should something at the boundary of the eye white and the iris

07 July 2009

i have made a little changes
194,196,197 are same model
zokana i can't explain my idea to u clearly yesterday
196 197 is the camera a little bit higher than the front view which i wanted to explain yesterday. The reference is usually like that but i can't make a precise camera matching.
194 is closer to center, but i still making.
u said the nose is big? do u mean the nose to eye distance too large or the nose horizontally too large?

Last edited by ianlai : 10 October 2009 at 07:13 PM.

07 July 2009
update at page 1
please give me some suggestion
thanks

07 July 2009
oh man, i did warn you - youíve got some very low ears by raising the skull (they should be about 5mm higher on your render), and cheek bones should be the widest area of the head - as shown in my paintover. Check the red suggestions once again regarding the outlines of the skull (for the moment your head looks like an egg - without trying to be mean). I would try to resize the nose in all directions (xyz) just a tiny little bit (compare its volume to the lips on photos no 02 and 04). But also the lips need some changes: they should be fuller and more rounded (again: see my paintover. I recommend to forget the smile - you can do that later when everything else is ok.)

PS: eyes look now a little small. I would enlarge them (xy) but only outwards, avoiding to get them closer to each other.

Last edited by zokana : 07 July 2009 at 03:36 PM.

07 July 2009
you really a nice guy
always help me thanks a lot
i have taken you and SeanJM advice, check the human proportion
but i have some questions about the ear ,
this photo the ear is lower than the eyebrow, and i have checked myself in mirror and it is the same.i don't know whether it is asian people differ from western?

07 July 2009
No-no, Asian ears are the same as Europeans (the only deifference is at the eyes area, escpecially inbetween the eyes).
Those theories about proportions are helpful when you create a face by your own, but quite useless when trying to depict a certain person.
I will try to do a new paintover for you, when i have some more time. I will post it later today, or tomorrow. Regards

07 July 2009
Originally Posted by zokana: No-no, Asian ears are the same as Europeans (the only deifference is at the eyes area, escpecially inbetween the eyes).
Those theories about proportions are helpful when you create a face by your own, but quite useless when trying to depict a certain person.
I will try to do a new paintover for you, when i have some more time. I will post it later today, or tomorrow. Regards

then at this moment, i just take your advice and move the ear a little bit (5 mm)
again thanks a lot

PS in fact the proportion i take is from the photo not only from the human proportion ratio, i do this through photoshop ruler and check each ratio like eye to the nose bridge, of course i check several photo to take a better ratio

07 July 2009
I agree, those are guidelines, she may well have one ear lower than the other, or other peculiar traits. Its good work, just work with your reference either on-screen or on another monitor so you can constantly check, also use Photoshop overlays, your render over her photo.
My only crit would be the ear angle and the weight of sss, most people use too much sss, its is a very subtle thing.

MY HMC

Thread Closed share thread