GRETCHEN (nudity)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2009   #46
The front of the torso is more or less done for the moment.
[render removed]

Last edited by zokana : 09 September 2009 at 07:59 AM. Reason: picture deleted

Old 09 September 2009   #47
After having changed the structure of the abdo area as well, I lowered the navel a little and reshaped the waist.
Is the abdomen still too long (in y-axis)?
[picture removed]

Last edited by zokana : 02 February 2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: picture removed

Old 09 September 2009   #48
Hi Zokana!

It's been a while since I visited your thread - and I must say, the improvements are amaizing! Just as incredible as seeing INFINITE commenting on your work! Well done so far.

About the anatomy around the abdomen... it's hard to say yes or no. Each female differs in that area, but your model looks perfectly normal to me.

Keep at it!

Regards
Giom

Old 09 September 2009   #49
Great update. The anatomy is wonderful. Alot of attention to detail. If I need to nitpick, I will say the knee caps still nedd a little work. Otherwise, its a home run.

Old 09 September 2009   #50
Originally Posted by Giom: Hi Zokana!

It's been a while since I visited your thread - and I must say, the improvements are amaizing! Just as incredible as seeing INFINITE commenting on your work! Well done so far.

About the anatomy around the abdomen... it's hard to say yes or no. Each female differs in that area, but your model looks perfectly normal to me.

Keep at it!

Regards
Giom

Thanks, man - i really appreciate your support!
Youíre totally right about the variety of abdo shapes - itís very exactly the difficulty when trying to create a correct one. Itís hard to be sure about creating a variant, or just an anatomically incorrect shape.

Originally Posted by PKD: Great update. The anatomy is wonderful. Alot of attention to detail. If I need to nitpick, I will say the knee caps still nedd a little work. Otherwise, its a home run.

Thank you, PKD - your kind words are very motivating. Actually youíre not nit-picking at all: since your previous suggestion I havenít change the shape of the knees yet (but corrected the shin). I saved your paintover to my HD and i keep staring at each female knee, haha. Actually I agree with the strong defined outlines of the kneecaps with certain lightings - they will be revisited for sure. Thanks

Old 09 September 2009   #51
Update: structure of the lower back rebuilt completely and the whole area lowered; bottom smaller; torso somewhat flatter in z-axis; plus minor changes on the upper thighs. However, it isn't 100% yet, needing more work.

I did an animation again, especially because of the resized derriŤre. This time with metallic high reflections not only for fun, but also to check the highlights and to be able to spot strange dints...

[picture removed]

Last edited by zokana : 02 February 2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: picture removed

Old 09 September 2009   #52
just noticed your work is updated here
long time haven't check the post
i can see your wire must spend you much time already in the previous page. it is a good learning for me
although cannot have a great advice , your work is really impressive

Old 09 September 2009   #53
Originally Posted by ianlai: just noticed your work is updated here
long time haven't check the post
i can see your wire must spend you much time already in the previous page. it is a good learning for me
although cannot have a great advice , your work is really impressive

Thanks a lot for commenting - overmodest as always. It's motivating to know you watching my work, but just don't look at my wire - nothing to learn there for you. I truly wonder which project is getting finished first, mine or yours...

Old 09 September 2009   #54
Update: abdomen and waist corrected (waist still somewhat suspect); outlines of the kneecaps softened. Refinements on the back still in work. (rendered without bump)

Old 09 September 2009   #55
She looked perfect to me a long time ago, but all your effort is what is going to make her look benchmark-perfect (for a non-zbrush model). So, what's next?

Regards
Giom

Old 09 September 2009   #56
Great to see total Sub-D workflow is still alive and kicking Excellent work man.No crits from me.

Old 09 September 2009   #57
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by zokana: Update: abdomen and waist corrected (waist still somewhat suspect); outlines of the kneecaps softened. Refinements on the back still in work. (rendered without bump)

i have the feeling that this is not 3D
it really like some artist playing photoshop wit some female photograph
it is extremely excellent that it can cheat people eye if you are not telling them it is 3D

Old 09 September 2009   #58
Originally Posted by Giom: She looked perfect to me a long time ago, but all your effort is what is going to make her look benchmark-perfect (for a non-zbrush model). So, what's next?

Regards
Giom

Well, Gretchen is a private project without time pressure, perhaps not the best condition for a WIP thread. I would like to get the character more or less realistic, that's basically all. Planned is also the likeness to a real photo model.

The very next step is the refinement of the back. Then I'll go on with the face, hoping to get some help when working on the likeness.

Would be glad to see you looking in again, even if seeing me nit-picking on some details...

Regards

Last edited by zokana : 09 September 2009 at 09:23 PM.

Old 09 September 2009   #59
Originally Posted by musashidan: Great to see total Sub-D workflow is still alive and kicking Excellent work man.No crits from me.

Thanks a lot, musashidan - felt very good to read that!!

Old 09 September 2009   #60
Originally Posted by ianlai: i have the feeling that this is not 3D
it really like some artist playing photoshop wit some female photograph
it is extremely excellent that it can cheat people eye if you are not telling them it is 3D

Too kind, Ian - hehe!
Knees look still a bit off and in the meantime i found out the trouble with the waist. I hope to get the torso soon and to be able to do some bump magic...

Thread Closed share thread