Revamped Female Character

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2008
Revamped Female Character

Latest:

Hi all,

I developed the original character about a year ago. Only yesterday I realised just how lame it was - sometimes it takes a while :-)

I've set about revamping her. The topology is the same and she is rendered in much the same way - i've changed the lighting and textures a moderate amount but the biggest alerations have been to reposition the vertexs. A defo improvement.

Part of the problem is that the old model was originally developed from a male head - and it shows. What's with that neck? I'd probably have got to this stage a lot quicker if I'd started from scratch in the first place.

She's a complete character so once I'm happy with her head i'll go on and look at the rest of hr body. Any critique is welcome, no matter how harsh - I want to get it right this time!

Cheers,
Dave

Original Head:

Current Head:

Original Body:

Current Body:

Last edited by pseudonympending : 03 March 2009 at 09:40 AM.

10 October 2008
the new version is really really attractive now.

Just the hair falls a bit flat compared with the sharpness of the eyes etc

10 October 2008
i'm agree with simo.
the improvement appear good.
at moment i suggest to make more asymmetrical iris and eyelashes.
keep it up

10 October 2008
Thanks guys, agreed.

The hair is low res but the hair will cover it once finsihed so it'll be hidden. I think she needs a good 'asymmetrifying ' in general. Shoud make her a bit more natural.

Cheers,
Dave

10 October 2008
I have a problem with her neck, it is too narrow and it is too straight like sticking the back with a broom, which is wrong in anatomy.

10 October 2008
Here's the latest. Biggest change is a swap from VRay to MentalRay.

Hi dickma, thanks for your post. I've tried to understand what you mean but I can't. Can you be more specific? Is it still apparent in the latest render?

10 October 2008
This is my advices:

Currently I don't have a wacom... just mouse drawing....

Last edited by dickma : 10 October 2008 at 11:52 AM.

10 October 2008
If you can tell all that just by looking at the front then I am well impressed :-)

I'll look into it and keep you posted. Thanks for tanking the time.

Dave

10 October 2008
Here's the latest:

10 October 2008
previous rendering is better than the current one.

Still I am not satisfy about your neck. The junction between the neck and head is just still too narrow and too awkward. It is just like the beautiful head is only plugged to a cylinder. look at your original and the current pic, your neck structure didn't change.

The neck isn't straight vertical in anatomy. You should pull your head forward and your neck muscles still aren't well defined. Look at the green lines, the muscle should be from the back of the ears to the front of the center shoulders.

I can point out your problem if you can provide your sideview.

10 October 2008
Hey Dickma,

I've not had a chance to look at the neck yet but I definately will although I totally see what you mean about the green lines, that muscle needs sorting.

Here's a whole load more muscles for you to crit :-)

Next post will be from the side so you can show me excactly what you mean about the neck.

Cheers man,
Dave

10 October 2008
Thumbs up !!

Looking good, the photo studio look in a bit strong, try a diferent light and check the results.

congrats, 4* to me so far

10 October 2008
There's still lot's to do - starting with those seams on the thighs - but overall it's coming together. And dickma I still haven't forgotten the neck :-)

ReneAlex, thanks very much. I will no doubt experiment with different lighting scenarios once I've finished her.

Cheers,
Dave

10 October 2008
Forearms are too long I think. Hands positions are quite weird for me as when rigging the palms usually faced down. And if the palms are faced down the muscles of the forearms are usually twisted.

Fingers, your first joint of your fingers are too long, usually bone placement of the fingers are at the mid-section of your palm, not the bases of the first joint fingers. The lengths of the Index, Middle and Ring are the same....realistic in realife?

Check the elbows and the joints positions, at the current hand position the joints should be face almost up/forward and as the elbows face almost down/backward.

About the breasts, obviously they are too fake like under plastic surgery. It is just too round perfect with no gravity. But I do care less as Mr Stahlberg always do this. It is up to you.

PS, your neck I can see improvement, But still I need a side view to check it out.

Last edited by dickma : 10 October 2008 at 04:14 PM.

10 October 2008
And actually I don't know should I provide critiques after... just I lost interest in doing 3D...I don't know is it appropriate (useful?).

Thread Closed share thread