The Incredible Hulk.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2008   #1
The Incredible Hulk.

Hi all,

Seeing the new Hulk trailer I realized I wanted to model the hulk too, and so I did!
Im not finished yet as you can all see but Im starting to like the overall proportions and I thought I post it here for feedback before I go on with the details.

The textures are just really quick temp maps to see where Im at, and yes, they are not green enough at the moment!

/Jonas

Latest:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hulk01.jpg (95.1 KB, 4850 views)

Last edited by Jonas : 05 May 2008 at 09:11 AM.

Old 04 April 2008   #2
Hey Jonas,

I love the modeling and rendering style -- looks gorgeous to me so far, and I'm sure the rest will be equally as attractive. Keep the updates coming!

Best,

Grem

Old 04 April 2008   #3
nice start man looks good
Zbrush 3
Photoshop Cs

Old 04 April 2008   #4
wow, good start, I am waiting for updates now

Old 04 April 2008   #5
Beatiful work man ! show us a wireframe and tell us what program are you using please !

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bF67y.../hulk/hulk1.jpg

Old 04 April 2008   #6
beautiful work man. My only crit is that his pecs seem a little flat at the moment, maybe beef them up a little?
Im looking forward to your progress.

-Ray

Old 04 April 2008   #7
great work so far..good to see some new work from you. i agree the pecs seem a little flat, but the abdomen is looking great so far

Old 04 April 2008   #8
Update.

Thanks for your comments!

headfirst and ZippZopp: I do agree about his pecs beeing too flat, I will beef them up a little However I dont want them too big.

Thought I share some cool images I found while looking for referens:
Oldman
Huge!
Huge2.

And here is my hulk update, looks kinda small next too my refs!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hulk02.jpg (96.3 KB, 14102 views)
File Type: jpg Hulk03.jpg (88.6 KB, 13749 views)

Old 04 April 2008   #9
I think he looks great so far! Cant wait for him to turn all green.

Old 04 April 2008   #10
i agree, i don't think you should push the pecs too far...the overall outline and shape to them is great, just a little bit more mass will work well. i don't think the big round and bulbous look to the pecs will work here, i think that would ruin some of the nice shape you've worked in so far. the render is looking great too, i like the dark shadows, really helps to make his shapes pop

Old 04 April 2008   #11
Still looking great, but where's the rest of him?

I really dig whatever rendering method you're using -- that reddish/greenish haze around the high contrast areas makes it appear photographed; Really cool. We want MOAR!

Grem

Old 04 April 2008   #12
agreed. I think the challenge will basically be keeping the nice shape you have already, but giving the pecs a little more meat.
good luck and keep up the awesome work.

-Ray

Old 04 April 2008   #13
Very nice, I recognised the muscle style from the mushroom man thread.

I reckon the chest should be bigger, because it doesn't look very balanced to have such massive arms and such a flat chest. The chest of the old guy in the refs you posted has a bigger chest that the hulk but his arms are like a quarter of the size. But that's just how I feel. Of course as the artist it's totally up to you. Lastly maybe the nipples are just a teeny weeny bit too close together.

Really liking this so far!

Old 04 April 2008   #14
I love where your going with him, and i really digg the style but apart from the pecs as mentioned in earlier posts i feel you have a great start and i reall cant wait to see him completed.

Old 04 April 2008   #15
I actually prefer this hulk to the one in the new trailer! I love this design, you've done a great job making something this exaggerated look believable!

Thread Closed share thread