| dur23 | REEL thread |

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2003
I agree with ninja noodle that would make it look more....well
GRRR!!!! meaning tough, powerful, or just flat look more like a
Compatent foe! also you may want to indent the back a lil more..

but dur23 nice work with the latest model, great form overall...

04 April 2003
ninja: ill be makin him more GRRR! right after i post this
hanzo: ill make the back more indented too

04 April 2003
Added teef...

05 May 2003
doom

looks like his wieght is off center... cant be sure.. may i see some orthographic vies of doom?

if i took over your body somehow, i would probably force you to either exagerate the hunch in his shoulders, deepen the chest and increase the bend in his spine (forward).

Of course you could pull out some magical counter-attack, and bring the shoulders back more,, arch the lowerback, and protrude the chest instead. only if your magical though.

maybe a medium somewhere between the two.. i kinda see where your going with it right now.

the only certainty though, is that his legs look like they are going to snap off and break, like twigs being attacked by large boulders, or maybe beavers. or large beavers armed with rocks. Your anatomy looks belivible, but I would scale it up so the calves are way larger, and lift his body up so the z shape in his legs is less condesed and more stretched out.

just some thoughts,

-Doomy

P.S. AHH! the beavers! and they brought chipmunks! eee thier in my hair ahhh!

he TOTTALY needs more grr! lol... grr.. wait.. ahh!

Last edited by DOOMNINJA : 05 May 2003 at 06:16 AM.

05 May 2003
DOOMNINJA: Ya i know what your sayin bout the anatomy. The upper body anatomy and general look i think will change mostly with the riggin. BUT i definetly have to fix that claf muscle and whole leg region. Bulk it up a lil.

So hey i noticed your from cal-town. Sweet deal. Im acutally moving back there this saturday. Im currently in saskatoon. Girlfriend was getting some trainning so i thought i would come along for the ride. Are you going to CG school in calgary right now? If so where? I know i told one person at AMTC about this place and people have been popping like crazy recently Its insane... hehe

Anyway moving this saturday won't be able to update for a short while. Heres my 3rd character on the go

Comments, Suggestion and Crits greatly apprieciated

05 May 2003
GJ I want some info on this one?

what, were, who, and how

05 May 2003
your psycic

Yeah, i JUST gave my final demo reel presentation at the AMTC about 20 mins ago. Im all done. Time to refine the reel and get a job.

Hey, when you get into BioWare, tell them theres this guy that says doom a lot that they should hire. lol! ...or... make sure soemone has an ... "accident" of some sort, in effect creating a gap in they're development pipeline that i can "fix"... mmmm... it is all comeing together... once the plan is set into motion nothing can stop us... muhaha... the world will be mine.. all mine... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeheheheheheh...

-Doom

-P.S. thier in my hair! ahh!

05 May 2003
maybe someone should tell you how much this sucks. heh! Im kidding. Im just uber jealous, I love your anatomy modeling. The chest does need to be more tough and roary though. You've done an excellent job on the legs, I love them. Well, maybe Im stupid and I missed it, but is that like 5000 polies? It sure looks it. I dont know how many I should go for so i stick around 2500-3000. Well, I'm uber impressed. I still think it sucks though

05 May 2003
bump....good stuff TEXTURE MASTER!! :airguitar :airguitar

05 May 2003
wow! i love the head of the minotaur!

05 May 2003
hanzo:what=elven mage. Where=in my computer. Who=i did it! How=with a lot of love hehe Anyway just modeling up a nice elven mage. Trying to keep her under 3500 and have her be able to have full facial animations...thats abou it so far..

DOOMNINJA: hehe my good buddy rob adams did your review then. He said your class did a better job than all the other classes that came outta there...oh and ill see what i can do at bioware for you...

aerestis: heeheh it does suck doesn't it...heheeh Ya shes gonna stay under 3500 with a lil lovin on the side....hehe. Don't be jealous just be pumped to model more!!! hehe

Overiguana: impatient bastard.....wheres ma BBEEEEAAAHH!!!

anisaaa:thanks wait till its done

UPDATE: Tell me what you guys think of her outfit...what to change what to leave...you know the deal...

05 May 2003
It looks good sofar

05 May 2003
Hey up there dude. These are awesome. Whats the polys on em?

Also have you tried making models for such as Neverwinter Nights by Bioware. It is made to have new custom models added. If you need any info go to the main Bioware site and look at the stickys
http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewforum.html?forum=48

there are alot of guys there who are modelling kings and they will put you right if you need any kind of help.

05 May 2003
Oufit looks ace!..this thread has got me scared ...Your textures and models are very impressive mr. durs...i want to see more of it please!

05 May 2003
NICE WORK MIKE BEST OF LUCK TA YA

Thread Closed share thread