Ferarri Modena

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2007   #1
Ferarri Modena

Hello, I'd like to get some tips, comments or critiques of my car. I've been in the rendering stage for about 2 weeks. Some of the time was spent on modelling the interior and rims, wheels. I like my render but I want to hear what you guys think. Thanks.

2 weeks ago.

Now

Last edited by jbacker99 : 05 May 2007 at 09:15 PM.

Old 05 May 2007   #2
Hi Garrettgjb I think that composition is good (reflections and lightning) maybe you shoult improve interior.. (seats)
Exterior modeling is nice and clean!

Facebook page: Maksan3D

Old 05 May 2007   #3
whoa, eye popping...wire frames plz!

Google+ | Twitter

Old 05 May 2007   #4
post some wires and clay renders, then we can help you with the model.

old wip
kleemann cl60
concept car(complete)
demo reel(done)

Old 05 May 2007   #5
Hello, here is a wire.

Obviously I am aware that there are some non polygons but they do not affect how it looks even inside the viewport so I didnt bother changing it.

Here is a clay render. Had to decrease brightness from 1.3 to .5.

Old 05 May 2007   #6
the rims could be better

old wip
kleemann cl60
concept car(complete)
demo reel(done)

Old 05 May 2007   #7
Thanks, a lot of those corrections would only be necessary if they were at the same angle as the car. But the side skirt was fixed and yes I need to do some more work on the side mirror and some gaps.

Here is a test render. Only spent about 30 minutes on the back render. Very low render settings too.

EDIT: I just foudn out how to make the tail lights look about 10 times better. New render tomorow morning.

Last edited by jbacker99 : 05 May 2007 at 04:50 AM.

Old 05 May 2007   #8
thats damn sexy.. but i do notice those small flaws, but not a huge deal. Love the rendition though, looks quite realistic.

Old 05 May 2007   #9
Small update as promised.

Higher Resolution Image.

Old 05 May 2007   #10
Spent the day finishing up my final project for english and looking for online classes to take in college for the summer. Tomorow I think I will have some time to work on this project though. Any suggestions so far? A lot of people seem to say that the rims could be better but I'm not sure why. Let me know what you guys think.

Give me some critiques that I can work on tomorow. Otherwise I'll be working a little more on the interior. Not too much though, just modelling what will be seen. No use modelling the rest.

Old 05 May 2007   #11
Deleted. Update Soon.

Last edited by jbacker99 : 05 May 2007 at 02:25 PM.

Old 05 May 2007   #12
Here is an update. Pretty happy with it so far. Only thing I have left to work on are the seats texture. Let me know what you guys think.

Click for a larger image.

Click for a larger image.

Old 05 May 2007   #13
that's looking really badass. I like the new updates, looks alot more like the real thing now. Did you make those goodyear things in the tires 3d or is that a texture? Or possibly normal map?

Old 05 May 2007   #14
i would have to question the placement of the steering wheel as it looks exceptionally close to the drivers door but i dont have time to check some referances at the moment. Ill check back later, but other than the corrections pointed out above i think the renders a coming along nicely, maybe add and FFD (in max dont know about your software) to the tyres to deform the bottom so they look slightly deflated as no car sits upright on its tyres like yours.

Mark

Old 05 May 2007   #15
looking really good, excellent carpaint shader.
are you sure you want the rims to be black? i think it would add a nice accent to the picture if they had some metallic look, aluminium, steel, whatever.
there's also a slight inaccuracy with the shadows on the ground, it looks a bit off but i think that's due to some low renderer settings.
other than that - hot!!

Thread Closed share thread