.:Amazon Head Huntress:. [Nudity]

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2006
Cool .:Amazon Head Huntress:. [Nudity] + Beast

Hi guys,

She is a huntress. Using speed and elegance to mesmerize and outrun her prey . Be them fellow humans from nearby villages or raptor meat for tonight's festivities; her marksmanship is unrivaled. She enjoys the kill to a point of a sport.

.:LATEST:.
Beast Maquette - starts page 7

Wireframes- Page 5
If some images dont display, hit F5 (refresh) on your keyboard

Turntables:

Youtube link

Quicktime Download [30mb]

Mpeg Download [30mb]

mirrors (Thanks Micah!) :

Mpeg: Download Mirror

Quicktime: Download mirror

Built in Maya, Mudbox and Zbrush.
I'm concentrating on the anatomy right now, so be harsh!!! Don't hold back. Feel free to mark her up in Photoshop and post. Be brutal! Its the only way I can get better.

Current Update:

More on the last page...

First Post shot:

Thanks for your time
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MarkKobrin_RenderCGTALK.jpg (95.2 KB, 478 views)

www.markkobrin.com

Last edited by Diffused : 05 May 2007 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Updates!

12 December 2006
Looks very good so far, the back musculature is great.

I would look at the way her torso (viewed from the front shot) is deforming. It seems that from the solar plexus to where the clavicles join at the neck, is misaligned. I believe the sternum should be in line with the rib cage. The neck ligaments and muscles look somewhat unnatural in that pose (front shot) as well.

Apart from that I don’t see anything major.

I will be checking this one for updates, keep going.

C.

12 December 2006
hey Diffused,

I like her allot, the anatomy on the model looks fantastic! cant wait to see the updates with her lit and shaded.

I N F I N I T E

12 December 2006
Very impressive work... convincing anatomy, dramatic pose and great camera angles.

My only crit is that you could perhaps emphasise the leg muscles and adjust the curvature of the foot to convey more of a sense of movement and balance as they aren't as well defined as the rest of the model.

12 December 2006
Thanks for all the replies!
My webhost decided to be naughty today, so I've attached the old pic as an attachment. I'll replace it with the bigger version when my host comes back up.

Quote: bobakabob: My only crit is that you could perhaps emphasise the leg muscles and adjust the curvature of the foot to convey more of a sense of movement and balance as they aren't as well defined as the rest of the model.

- Noted! Will do. It will help the S-curve of her body more aswell. Helps composition and her pose.

INFINITE : Thanks! your comment means allot. I've been stalking your thread for a while. Awesome work. Some of your poses serve me as good reference!

Quote: ChrisMann: I would look at the way her torso (viewed from the front shot) is deforming. It seems that from the solar plexus to where the clavicles join at the neck, is misaligned. I believe the sternum should be in line with the rib cage. The neck ligaments and muscles look somewhat unnatural in that pose (front shot) as well.

- Agreed. I've known about the neck problem and thats being fixed. And you are also right about the Solar Plexus. I need to give her lower body a tad more twist for the align to work. Good point.

Thanks everyone! I'll have an update up soon. I'm also modeling the helmet and her facial expression.

www.markkobrin.com

12 December 2006
Very impressive! I like her a lot.

Nothing to crit as it appears that you're already in the process of correcting what has been pointed out to you.

Looking forward to your next update. *SUBSCRIBED*

12 December 2006
Very good, i'm looking forward to the final.

12 December 2006
heyyy looks great man! keep up the good work--

12 December 2006
If you want to create a real Amazone girl, you need to cut one of her breast off. Well ,maybe it won't be as interesting as it be now, but it will be more realistic for sure. By the ways I've nothing to critique except what I said, I really like your work !!!

12 December 2006
Glad to know people like it so far. Gives me more drive!

Tmaniac : Thanks!, but I dont ever want to go that realistic. Although that does sound like some interesting zbrush work....

Heres a small update. I'm in the middle of Finals right now...
I've made her bite her lip, hopefully it reads across. Let me know if it doesn't...
Also adjusted her neck muscles accordingly. I'll tweak the feet next, but there are allot of things that are bothering me, especially where the pelvis connects to the legs. Also, her right deltoid area next to the clavicle has an area where the topology flows in the wrong direction which causes some undesirable creases. Any of you who stumbled into such problem: know a solution? (besides completely retopologizing based on the new anatomy)

She is in need of hair. I'm designing the helmet on paper, doing sketches in my off time, but as for the hair, i want to keep it geometrical. Any idea of how to get the initial base shape? The hair has to flow and twirl in the wind behind her. Sounds like a nightmare.

www.markkobrin.com

Last edited by Diffused : 12 December 2006 at 04:44 AM.

12 December 2006
I would really love to see wires and a short turn around animation for this, those muscles are amazing.
The character really feels like it has weight.

I would think how the character makes contact with the horse (balance/mass) will be very important later on.

...the extended arm muscle could use some smoothing, it's a bit lumpy

12 December 2006
For the hair you might take a look at this thread and see if it's what you're looking for:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=430851

there's a mini tutorial thing that describes how he went about making the hair for the centaur's head and tail.

Yeah the biting the lip thing kinda comes across, but I think you should remove it... Basically if she's riding some animal that's bouncing up and down as it moves, she will not want to be biting her lip even gently because if her mount hits a hard bump she'll bite her lip right off. And I'm pretty sure that wouldn't help her aim, heh.

The model is looking great and the musculature is very nice. I would tone down her sterno-mastoids though - especially her left (the one that the head is turned toward). as you turn your head the sterno-mastoid on that side of the neck will almost dissapear. Also be careful with those gaps between the fingers - that's a dead "cg give away." I know you're going to work on the feet, so you may already plan to do this... her feet look a bit flat for being extended down like that. Unfortunately I don't have any reference for you, but if you look at your own foot as you extend it like that you'll notice that the sole of the foot "bends." You might be able to google some gymnast or ballerina's to see what I'm talking about...

rock on it's going along great!

12 December 2006
That would make a brilliant statue, I think... it really would be nice to walk around the pose, it's almost too dynamic for a render.

Not sure what you had planned of clothing (please don't dress up just to please the censors) but, even though I have very little knowledge of topless arrow shooting, wouldn't that be unstable and .. well, quite dangerous with her breasts exposed like that? If you'd ever make it into an image I'd have some realism problems with it; if you keep it more statue-like, the pose is more important than realism. Or so I feel.

Finally... her bum looks a bit overly symmetrical, but I probably just notice that out of habit of seeing 3d models.

12 December 2006
Looks great so far!

One thing about the last renders though that looks abit weird...she's holding the arrow wrong. A normal person just don't have enough finger strength to draw a bow like that by "pinching" the arrow inbetween fingertips. Generally you curve your fingers around the string instead.

Here's some "crappy" reference on it...I'm sure there are better ones out there but it ought to give the general idea.

12 December 2006
Great

Looking like a very interesting piece indeed... I am looking forward to seeing where u go with this.

The model itself looks pretty solid... maybe you can post some wires plz?

Keep up the good work!
Cheerio.
-T

----------
Zbrush Thread
My CGTALK Sketchbook

Thread Closed share thread