Miranda (to Ver.2) (Nudity)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 11 November 2006   #46
Hi.

I made a mistake about sticky weights painting. There is more space to refine the deformations. Then I tried to fix my problem about shoulder & breast area. The snapshots are below. The shoulder volumes are better than the previous update.

To tell the truth, a tiny problem for clavicle still exists (as you can see). I will fix this problem by another tweak, or retouch directly the final images in future.

The sticky weights paintings are like ars combinatoria. It's difficult but fun.

C&C are very welcome.

Last edited by renpoo : 11 November 2006 at 10:01 AM.

Old 11 November 2006   #47
I got a new job!!

There is a Software Engineering company which employs me. I have to change my direction to new field, which requires a high (somehow) Mathematical talent, especially for Statistics. The company has some characteristics, for example, in language parsing engine. Yes, even though there is a worry for new kind of job for me, but I will success in the new world!

Of cource, I will continue to pursuit my compositions like Miranda.

Thanks to everyone!!

Old 11 November 2006   #48
Another post.

For this time, the armpit expression is too much. I have to consider using Smooth Weights feature for cMuscle.

C&C are welcome.

Old 11 November 2006   #49
Hey Renpoo!

Great to hear about the new job. Hope it goes well with you - but please never stop your 3d work!

Regards
Giom

Old 11 November 2006   #50
> Giom

Thanks mate, thanks!

Old 12 December 2006   #51
Hello all. Long time no see.

I had started my new career as web software engineer in statistics. It will be hard but fun. The new frontier makes me feel good.

But I am also willing to update my "Miranda". Today I have been working on torso deformation by muscles. The snapshots are below. I know some defects are there. It is depending on some causes.

1. Geometry shape itself
2. The way of deformation of muscle
3. Painted skin weights problem
4. Morphing targets problem

So, I will fix these troubles later.

About head issues.
I had got some critiques from you. I can catch what you recommend, however my & my master's intension is directed to somehow different place. I know it is an easy way to catch the viewer's mind by ordinary young female face. But our intension is to express the beauty of dessin nature itself. This version Miranda's head is inspired by a dessin of the great Michelangelo. This is the first target for us. So I will try to fix thess head issues, but the result may be different from what you have recommended.

Anyway, I will keep it up in my own pace.
C&C are welcome.

Old 12 December 2006   #52
Hi. Good morning.

I'm on a little bit hard working for my new job. It's at the entrance of Statistics, however I have to count the records in DB but some are grouped fields. So I have to re-design my tiny (1k lines) programe to enable the purpose by giving a good data structure to count those data.

Well.
I have had done a little bit tweak about the head issue as test-shot. The images are below. Please give me your C&C to examine what I have done for this time test.

After finalizing these tweak, I will re-build this figure from start to get clean data. It is necessary to fix some bugs like unwanted deformations by a few muscles. But most of those re-building processes are automated by MELs, so it is no problem.

Once more, C&C are welcome.

Last edited by renpoo : 12 December 2006 at 04:29 AM.

Old 12 December 2006   #53
Good Morning, all.

My new job is getting to be like surfing over big wave. It's hard but fun. Even with basic structured programming, it results very effective to complete tasks. I will be able to maintain my families' life. Thanks a lot!

For this weekend, I can give a much time to my "Miranda". In this morning, I have refined the skin weights for face to be more smooth with wrinkles. The sample is as below (the head tweak test is reset). I think it costs much time to refine more & more, & more, but I will. Of cource I also have to plan about materials & textures rebuilding, and about hair. When togather with those, the resulting visual will be drastically changed.

C&C are very welcome.

P.S.
Note: As you can see in the previous posts' images, the bicep in the left arm twists undesirely. It is mainly because the NURBS seam for bicep muscle is across the upper arm bone. Sometimes it results to the bad end. For muscle rigger, please be careful about this kind of situations.

Last edited by renpoo : 12 December 2006 at 02:55 AM.

Old 12 December 2006   #54
Good Morning, all.

The last day & today, I'm working on mesh rebuilding especially for back of torso. It is inspired by the analization by Stahlberg in the "Body Topology" thread. The snapshots are below. And I might have made a mistake about understanding the muscle structure for forearm. Please give me time to research.

C&C are welcome.

EDIT:
P.S.
It's a little bit meshy for waist. I will reduct polygons at there.

Last edited by renpoo : 12 December 2006 at 04:56 PM.

Old 01 January 2007   #55
Happy New Year!!
May the force be with you...

For this time -- new year hollydays -- I have to force my self to study a lot more about software engineering like Design-Patterns or Algorithm & Data-Structures for my new job. My task in new compary is going on very well progression. That's fun for struggling with Statistics, and I can visualize them with my talent of design. It's going to be good!

So with my Miranda, I can't spent a lot of time for her. But today, I have rebuild her torso mesh. It became clean. The update is below.

The left half body is newer.
The head shape is also tweaked according to some advices from you.

And about forearm mesh structure, I had decided to continue to use the current structure.

Well, good luck for you, this year!!

Old 01 January 2007   #56
Good morning.

My task in new job as SE keeps going well. I can see the goal.

Well.
I have reduct some meshy polygons at the side of torso. It becomes better and better, and better. I also take care very much on hip joint (left), which will show good result when the leg bends. The area under the armpit might be still meshy unnecessarily, so I will chalenge to fix the problem. The left half body is newer.

C&C are welcome.

EDIT:
And I also have tweaked about head. The intesion is "to be soft". As usual, the left half (from figure's view) is newer.
C&C are welcome.

Last edited by renpoo : 01 January 2007 at 03:25 AM.

Old 01 January 2007   #57
I fixed the under-the-armpit issue.
C&C are welcome.

Old 01 January 2007   #58
impresive work.

Congratualations loved the work

Old 01 January 2007   #59
> luismiguelnunes

Thanks for your comments.

Old 01 January 2007   #60
Good Afternoon.
It's winter sunny day in Japan. Very confortable.

My SE job have got a sudden task, so I can't spend much time for this "Miranda". But yesterday, I had taken a look to the new mesh with easy-set-up lighting. In this lighting, the older tweak for head seems to be more natural than the new one (the left-half body is newer). And for torso tweak, I have to pay more effort to express the flow of her skin. Anyway I have to have a meeting with my master.

C&C are welcome.

Last edited by renpoo : 01 January 2007 at 04:54 AM.

reply share thread