Miranda (to Ver.2) (Nudity)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 09 September 2006   #16
Once you add hair and eyebrows etc... she will look alot better - just like the last time you got there!

I'm enjoying this caracter - reminds me of a real person.

Old 09 September 2006   #17
> Giom

Thanks mate!

Today is sad day for me. It seems difficult for me to get a CG job in Japan. But I had decided to brush up my Miranda to V.2 as soon as possible. I will try this time to create demo reel for both body expressions and facial expressions.

Cheers!

Old 09 September 2006   #18
Hi.

I have started muscle rigging from rough weightings.
Here are the snapshots. I am using only the sticky weights for cMuscle, which is similar to the MAYA default skin weights. The result satisfys me somehow even with this rough settings. I am also using part-by-part control for rigging to make buffers for future tweak for Blendshapes. It is like making program functions with input/output interface.

C&C are welcome.

Old 09 September 2006   #19
Oh boy, how can you make this look so easy!

The deformations looks fine to me. Just, something about the shoulders bugs me... donno what. You obviously have some tweeking to do still!

Great work though!

Old 09 September 2006   #20
> Giom

Good pointing out, mate.

The shoulder is deformed by 3 elements.
1. Torso twist
2. Shoulder pad
3. Arm twist
And it doesn't contain any real muscle deformations since "twist muscles" are only for twisting (almost). So there're no squash & strech effect for shoulder for example. That is the cause of that shoulder deformation maintain too much volume to bend.

After fixing a little trouble, I will go to the next stage.

P.S. But it is surprising that cMuscle is very powerful even with this kind of rough settings.

Last edited by renpoo : 09 September 2006 at 11:52 PM.

Old 09 September 2006   #21
Good afternoon.

I have continued "rough setting" for skin weights. For this time, I have add to use "Relax Weights" & "Smooth Weights" with basic "Sticky Weights". Those effects can be seen in the bending area like waist, knees, elbows. It shows both good results and limit to deform. As I had done for Ver.1., I will add those muscles and Blendshape targets for this kind of place where shows the characteristics of movements.

After a short while to refine this weightings, I will switch to the facial rig (I guess), where I have to do a great improvement in quality.

C&C are welcome.

P.S.:
So to tell the truth, I'm using only 21 elements (muscles or bones) to rig Miranda for now. It's very easy set-up but enough to preview. Yes, I know its limit for body expressions, however this easy set-up can be improved a little bit more.

Last edited by renpoo : 09 September 2006 at 06:31 PM.

Old 09 September 2006   #22
Hello all.

I am planning my next try about facial rig. Surfing on the net, examining my latest "Ver.1", I am taking a lot of care to feedback from those results to my new "Ver.2".

Here is a test movie from Ver.1. Please don't talk about the quality of test animation since this is what I want to check "whether my Miranda's face is animatable or not". This is the bottom line for the next chalenge about facial rig to Ver.2.

"FE-02.avi" (XVid) 1.4MB

C&C are welcome.

Last edited by renpoo : 09 September 2006 at 02:09 PM.

Old 09 September 2006   #23
Hi all. Hello.

I have started my facial rig for Ver.2. and done basic settings for skin weights (Sticky Weights for cMuscle). Here I show you several snapshots for now. The effects by skull bone volume is not assigned yet, but I can feel the improved points compared with Ver.1. However I have to get used to my facial controler.

C&C are welcome.

EDIT:
A scary facial expression.
To repeat once more, my facial expression controler might have a lot of possibility but it needs to get used to itself. Thanks for advanced people about this genre of facial rig.

And meditation pose.

Last edited by renpoo : 09 September 2006 at 06:58 AM.

Old 09 September 2006   #24
Hello.

I have been working on my facial rig. It's almost done and I have to test whether this setting is good or bad in animation sequences. And I hesitate to go the next step which is making-up the face or rigging the whole body. I'm planning my body rig more and more precise like real human. It needs some researching time more.

Anyway.
C&C are welcome.

Last edited by renpoo : 09 September 2006 at 01:58 PM.

Old 09 September 2006   #25
Hi.

I decided to rig whole body other than face, and have started muscles definition. The process let me recognize the points where I made mistakes in the previous Ver.1. and study how to improve those points. Snapshot is as below. It is kind of crazy rigging to implement those muscles as possible as I can, but the approximations of real muscles are going to be more natural than before. I'm curious about what I can do for this time chalenge.

C&C are welcome.

Old 09 September 2006   #26
Hello.

I've done a basic rigging for muscles. The snapshot is as below. Painting weights process will take few days. I know there are some troubles about this time rig, but I will fix those problems throughout the painting process.

C&C are welcome.

Old 10 October 2006   #27
Good Afternoon.
It's rainy day at where I live.

I have done body rig except torso. Here is a snapshot for hand. For this time, I'm using "Relax" feature for cMuscle plug-in. It shows me the lumbricale effect at the palm-finger connections area. As a matter of course, there are some troubles to be fixed, but I think I can show you the whole-body rig a few days later.

C&C are very welcome.

Last edited by renpoo : 10 October 2006 at 08:43 AM.

Old 10 October 2006   #28
Excuse me for no post as I promised.

From my private reason, I have to get a job in Japan as soon as I can. Maybe I will go back to the Software Engineering field. So the updates will be later. Sorry....

Last edited by renpoo : 10 October 2006 at 06:58 AM.

Old 10 October 2006   #29
Wow that is amazing, I just into rigging so I know exactly what it takes. This stuff is mind blowing I love it!! I am sorry if you said it, but what program are you using?

Baron

Old 10 October 2006   #30
Wink

ill answer this one for yah renpoo

hes using Maya

reply share thread