Fahrija
pain_emplifier

portfolio
Fahrija Velic
Industrial Designer
NR21 DESIGN GMBH
Berlin, Germany

Exclamation EXPLORATION CHALLENGE - 2D/3D CollabBATTLE

Link to Group 01 ___________________Link to Group 02 _________________Link to Group 03

Link to Group 04 ___________________Link to Group 05 _________________Link to Group 06

Link to Group 07 ___________________Link to Group 08 _________________Link to Group 09
Link to Group 10 ___________________Link to Group 11 _________________Link to Group 12

Link to Group 13 ___________________Link to Group 14 _________________Link to Group 15

Link to Group 16 ___________________Link to Group 17 _________________Link to Group 18

Link to Group 19 ___________________Link to Group 20 _________________Link to Group 21

Link to Group 22 _____________________no link yet____________________Link to Group 24

no link yet _________________________Link to Group 26 _________________Link to Group 27

EXPLORATION THEME
some additional words that might help to get an idea for the topic: DISCOVERY - ADVENTURE - TRICKY - ARCANE / The additional words should allways be treated in combination with EXPLORATION.

RULES

Every group has two (not more not less) participants > one is responsible for the 2D and the other one for the 3D process. In the end there should be a finished 3D image.

GOAL

The goal is to finish a 3D image wich follows the whole path from developing the idea,design, composition, modelling, compositing in a team projekt. EDIT 2Feb: To do justice to 2D also, every group has to deliver a final 2D establishing shot (like a milestone) which describes the scene that should be developed in 3D. It is not neccessary to make it perfect in look - it just has to describe the final intention. In the end we would like to show both images together.

IMAGE SIZE
EDIT 6Feb: The image zize of the final 3D image has to be minimum 3000px x 2182px with 300dpi to have at least an image printable in DIN A4 Format. The 2D establishing shot must not have print resolution > We leave it optional to every group to do so but it has to be at least 1600px in one side at 72 DPI resolution to have an image wich can be posted in the forums.

WORKFLOW

The 2D guys are leading the 2D process where concepts and the ideas for the challenge topic have to be done. The 3d guys assist the creation process with comments and rough thumbnail drawings. The 3d guys are leading 3D the process where all the ideas and the creations wich where developed together will build up. During this time the 2D guys have to assist the 3d elaboration with refined designs, details and everything needed to keep the modelling phase smoothy. At composition both group members work together with the rendered material and develop the final image. Depending on the knowledge cross overwork is allowed but it has to be clear who leads the 2d progress and who the 3d development.

INTENTION

Every artist from different fields get an inside of how the others knowledge and skills. This effect should be increased by working together on one image. The teamwork situation brings the skills of each together with focus to optimize those skills in terms of the production pipeline to get the work finished in time. This challenge gives a very good opportunity to refine own skills regarding comprehensive field of works.

DEADLINE

The deadline for the CollabBATTLE is 26. JUNE. In the end we will put all the stuff made (finished and unfinished) together and see what finaly came out.

JOINING PROCESS

If you intend to join please post the names of both participants (donīt forget to mention who makes 2D and 3D) and please prepare the following image (in post 2) with your avatars so that we can add them on the first post (frontpage). Every group opens an own thread in the 3D-Wip section with the following description: CollabBATTLE "EXPLORATION" - name and name. Below every goupbadge you can grap withing this thread from the other participants. From this thread we will provide a link which leads to the threads.

Every group gets a JPG headline wich has to be placed in the first post of the thread to keep everything visually united.

Then you are offically in the game.

no group limitation but > final entry deadline 10th february
The joining process has a deadline because the 10th february is 3 weeks after the challenge-beginning wich is almost one third of the whole challenge time. After that it will be difficult to get the project finished anyway.
Sorry if we offend someone but we didnīt expect the challenge to grow this big. We intend to try running this challenge without moderator help cause they are packed with work themselves.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION !

-Everyone who is interested to join but donīt know someone to build up a group can post a comment within this thread. It is helpful to post some of your work that other members who are interested also can get an idea of your preferences and skill level.

-please make sure you store your linked images on your sever properly. this helps keeping your challenge threads readable for a long time.

-And please prevent changing the avatars during the challenge period cause the people get used know to them and its quite anoying to change those frequently at frontpage.

Itīs like in the big challenges just a bit different. But if you still have some questions ask Dimi, JamesMK, FlyingP or fahrija for further information.

HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Fahrija : 04-22-2006 at 11:47 PM.

Old 01-25-2006, 06:52 PM   #2
DimitrisLiatsos
Lord of Bubbles

portfolio
Dimitris Liatsos
3d modeler/animator
freelancer
Athens, Greece

Send a message via MSN to DimitrisLiatsos

_____________LINK _ _____________________________ LINK_____________________________ LINK

_______________LINK ________________________ LINK _________________________ LINK ____________

______________ LINK ______________________________ LINK _________________

Let's have some fun.... .

Last edited by DimitrisLiatsos : 02-16-2006 at 10:26 AM.

Old 01-25-2006, 06:56 PM   #3
Rebeccak
Anatomy Forum Leader

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Rebecca Kimmel
Founder + Owner
Korpus School of Art + Gallery
Los Angeles, USA

Looks like fun, great idea! Wish I could join...

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 01-25-2006, 07:00 PM   #4
DimitrisLiatsos
Lord of Bubbles

portfolio
Dimitris Liatsos
3d modeler/animator
freelancer
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebeccak
Looks like fun, great idea! Wish I could join...

But u can...just find your 3D partner and set it on...get it on...Get down on it....

Old 01-25-2006, 07:03 PM   #5
flyingP
.....quack

portfolio
Brian Read
Freelance Illustrator
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitrisLiatsos
Let's have some fun.... .

I will say but one word

OWNAGE

Old 01-25-2006, 07:03 PM   #6
mijaba
tumbleweed
portfolio
Michael James Bath
artist
MPDirect
USA

Those two little "pics" say 2d DUDE and 3d DUDE. Isn't that Gender insensitive? There ARE ladies who'd like to join, and let's not forget the hermaphrodites. They are probably VERY OFFENDED and likely to contact the ACLU over this. Prepare for a NASTY legal battle and subsequent dissolution of this website!!

Old 01-25-2006, 07:06 PM   #7
flyingP
.....quack

portfolio
Brian Read
Freelance Illustrator
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijaba
Those two little "pics" say 2d DUDE and 3d DUDE. Isn't that Gender insensitive? There ARE ladies who'd like to join, and let's not forget the hermaphrodites. They are probably VERY OFFENDED and likely to contact the ACLU over this. Prepare for a NASTY legal battle and subsequent dissolution of this website!!

where's the prob just make them Dudets and Dudits

Old 01-25-2006, 07:12 PM   #8
DimitrisLiatsos
Lord of Bubbles

portfolio
Dimitris Liatsos
3d modeler/animator
freelancer
Athens, Greece

Quote:

U got to be kidding...OK....Fahrija ...please correct that if it's possible to Dude/Dudess...or any other way that shows that in the 21st century we are not discriminating between Men and Women.

Sorry friend will fix that........Does this mean if we correct this u will participate?

FlyinP...ownage...ownage...arghhh don't remind me UT please....

Old 01-25-2006, 07:18 PM   #9
mijaba
tumbleweed
portfolio
Michael James Bath
artist
MPDirect
USA

I was kidding. I don't care what chicks think. I don't care what I think. And I certainly couldn't give a 5417 less what transgenders, any combination thereof, nor the ACLU think. As for joining, I'm not good enough, so don't toy with my feelings.

Old 01-25-2006, 07:20 PM   #10
DimitrisLiatsos
Lord of Bubbles

portfolio
Dimitris Liatsos
3d modeler/animator
freelancer
Athens, Greece

Never mended to hurt your feelings.....and good - great - medium...don't matter...join with a friend and see the goods of collaboration.

Old 01-25-2006, 07:22 PM   #11
flyingP
.....quack

portfolio
Brian Read
Freelance Illustrator
Germany

yeah after all Dimi is pretty crappy too

Old 01-25-2006, 07:23 PM   #12
DimitrisLiatsos
Lord of Bubbles

portfolio
Dimitris Liatsos
3d modeler/animator
freelancer
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingP
yeah after all Dimi is pretty crappy too

YEAH!

Old 01-25-2006, 07:24 PM   #13
mijaba
tumbleweed
portfolio
Michael James Bath
artist
MPDirect
USA

I have no friends, for I am a lone wolf. OWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Are you proposing that you and I collaborate? Is it 2D AND 3D versus 2D AND 3D in same idea----OR--- is it 2D VERSUS 3D in same idea?

Old 01-25-2006, 07:30 PM   #14
DimitrisLiatsos
Lord of Bubbles

portfolio
Dimitris Liatsos
3d modeler/animator
freelancer
Athens, Greece

Quote:
I have no friends, for I am a lone wolf. OWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Are you proposing that you and I collaborate? Is it 2D AND 3D versus 2D AND 3D in same idea----OR--- is it 2D VERSUS 3D in same idea?

No read again friend..it's 2D/3D VERSUS 2D/3D ...it's a collab Battle between pairs of artists thinky....for experience and learning...

Old 01-25-2006, 07:36 PM   #15
mijaba
tumbleweed
portfolio
Michael James Bath
artist
MPDirect
USA

OK- I'll put in my hat. I'll do 2D or 3D. Makes no diff. Anybody want to collab? Look at the "almost completely naked girl:Tami" thread. That's a small sampling of what I can do in 3D. Or not. I'm sure you've seen better. Nevermind.

Thread Closed share thread