Scene: inspired by Half Life 2

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
Looks great, but I think the canal should be longer, maybe going off the page down to bottom-right? At the moment it seems as if it's just landed from space.

Would be very cool if you put those massive tall buildings in the background you see all the way through HL2, and actually go in them towards the end of the game.

Keep up the good work

Latest Finished 3D: Wire Tree

09 September 2005
All I can say is ... I want more updates Critic !

latest WIP: Dragonfly/Snail
www.mysundream.com
Pygmalion Project

09 September 2005
....Amazing! How did you get the Look of that? did you do a ambient_Occlution Pass and just wack it on a normal render? this is amazing, going to try a effect like this tonight amazing love the Singled out look of it, that there is nothing else around very Half Life 2 and suspisious.

ASW

09 September 2005
Talking

hmm, maybe a higher rating would somehow give me a better motivation and little more selfconfidence. LOL

Last edited by criticalmechanism : 09 September 2005 at 07:53 AM.

09 September 2005
You got 5 stars from me! Keep it going, this is going to be amazing once finished. Are you still going to included Gordon?

Latest Finished 3D: Wire Tree

09 September 2005
Arrow

yes, Gordon will be included, and I better start learning zBrush, this concept designer is going to die on me, he is not answering my emails a whole week allready, thats bad :(

09 September 2005
i've been following this since the beginning, and you have progressed alot from your pretty crappy first render...i like your car shader and how it integrates into the scene...cant wait for you to blow it up

09 September 2005
It’s looking good man, although the scale of the ladder and fence seems a little off. Keep it up!

Edit: Wots your poly count?

Last edited by Mastahful : 09 September 2005 at 06:58 PM.

09 September 2005
very cool concept, i love those post apocaliptic cyberpunk sets!

cheers

09 September 2005
Unhappy

long period of no updates !
Sory for not answering threads, I was visiting another town looking for a place to crash. I got a job in a studio.
I'm moving out to another town. It's gonna be a 10 day blackout while I get my internet up and running again, but that doesn't mean that the scene is discontiniued.
BTW thanks for the support.

09 September 2005
Really nice looking. The only thing that stands out to me right now is the hard edges. Especially on the concrete areas that stick out and have the pipes coming into them on the back wall. I think a very subtle, irregular bevel would make that look more realistic. Excellent job so far. keep it up

09 September 2005
hi, I just saw your thread and it looks really cool, i'll be watching this one closley...
great work man

09 September 2005
Hi Kristijan, fantastic piece of work!

Toxic "pool" looks great, fantastic texture. And car , Isn´t it škoda rapid?
Because it looks like this car.

Keep great working man.

10 October 2005
Thumbs up Back in the game

ok guys, I'm back in the game. As you all now, at least those who follow this thread, I was moving out of my hometown, I now live in Zagreb (the capitol of Croatia), it was hard for me to adapt but things run smoothly now. I still don't have my internet, because T-Com is so slow, you have to wait a month to get it. I'm using my friends machine to send stuff over the net. This is a test render, again, not the final, I removed the sky added fiew things etc... I'm currently rendering the scene with bubles (near the edges) and some rubbish, but with my comp. I also have to say that my friend concept designer died on me, so I don't have anyone to draw a sketch of Gordon Freeman for me. :(:(:(:( anyway, keep looking, I might get internet these days, and hope for everyday update I'm back in the game...

this image is 1280x1024 (for wallpapers so I put a link because most people use 1024x768 or 800x600 res.

http://www.sineway.com/critical/3bazen.jpg

enjoy::
coments and crits are welcome

Thread Closed share thread