Omicron, Film Project

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2005
another update a part of the city with a first try for a bridge and some more environnement.

greets

Portfolio

11 November 2005
Uploaded a couple of the old pics. I won't post everything in here just to keep down loading times etc to see the bigger pics just drop by at my site and under the wip section you should find some more pics.

Portfolio

11 November 2005
here are some more meshes: some weapons for the humans three different types of M16 and an Uzi. the refs can be found here
really use full site with lots and lots of refs for weapons.

third pic is a part of a ward in a hospital where another scene is going to take place.

thanks for viewing, any comments somebody?? plz

Portfolio

Last edited by TheCaveman : 01 January 2006 at 03:39 PM.

11 November 2005
Originally Posted by The_Wicked_Caveman: as for the hardware:
I got a dell dimension 8400 pentium 4 3.2 Ghz and with 3Gb of ram in it two 19 inch screens thats for the "workstation" got a laptop too it has got an amd athlon 64 processor 3000+ 1Gb of ram in it that is for when i'm not at home and got two old computers 2.4 Ghz with both 512 Ram in it (thats for the rendering damn I'm glad I have a couple of student versions hehe).

Can you send me that for my birthday?

-=On topic=-

Very good so far. I would suggest slightly alleyways.

11 November 2005
It keeps getting better and above all more astounishing. How long have you been working on this??

Keep it up....

11 November 2005
Thanks Streen and heep for your comments

@Streen: sure I'll give you that . Worked a lot to afford all that hehe but I'm happy to have worked for it abd still am working for it because my parents let me pay my part of the electricity bill hehe. But just never throw away old hardware it is never old enough
I'll start to work on those alleys this afternoon when I get home from university.

@heep: thanks again hehe (saw your dutch too ). Been working on this since may so thats for about 5 months but worked on it on and off recently restarted working a lot on it again because I got some more time.
I'm gkad you like it thanks

Some updates when I got home

thanks for viewing
greets

Portfolio

Last edited by TheCaveman : 11 November 2005 at 11:16 AM.

11 November 2005
Cool, I saw (I think) your name which looked very Dutch but then I saw France under your avatar. Though that could also mean you live in Harderwijk which has a neigherhood called 'Frankrijk' (France). But I think that's a little farfetched on my part.

I had an idea for a city but, that is something I'll do in the distant future as I'm currently fighting eyelashes =\

Is this project purely hobby or some big project for school..... ??

11 November 2005
I'm living in france moved there 6 years ago due to my dads work and stuff. but I'm dutch lived there for 14 years.

I saw your model really nice modelled I'll post a little comment later on .

Well it is purely hobby at the moment. it was a university project but then they had problems or I don't know what so I'll see later with them hehe for the moments it is just hobbist modelling doing the best I can thanks for the interest

here is a new view of the city with the first block and some newly modelled alleys and stuff in it thinks this going to be the final layout now it is time for details

here is the pic. if somebody has some ideas?

greets

Portfolio

11 November 2005
Much better on the alleyways. Now it's possible to use them as an escape route should the Mafia ever get after you This is coming along very nicely. Did you learn this at the university or have you taught yourself?

11 November 2005
Thanks again Streen. Glad you like it. Seems like you know the story normally there will be a chase scene in this city hehe. a lot of cars, buses, trucks hehe the guy will have to flee for the kind of mafia I'm planning .

I've been self learning for two years now I think. in my spare time on and off. at university I'm studying computer programming and will maybe try to integrate some of my programming into this project don't know what yet but could be cool to walk around in it (Ill keep on dreaming in the mean while, start up 3ds max end get back to work to show some more updates maybe today or tomorrow.

thanks for viewing

greets

Portfolio

11 November 2005
Well...the program I work with (blender) has a game engine with it. It is really easy to use too. If you can export your meshes to .obj, I can try to set up a game environment for you to test out. It's not really that hard to do. I'm not very good at it but I can at least allow you to walk around in it. All I'd have to do was parent the camera to an object, then go to the game settings and set the keys, and force of those keys in which ever direction. There is also a free program someone made to go with a "walkthrough" of a virtual house I can DL and use that for the camera movement. With that one you can press space to fly and use the mouse to look around. It's perty cool. There are several other things that blender can import but I've never imported anything other than .obj.

11 November 2005
thanks again streen. Why not give that a try but I think maybe I'll have to finish the town first. but I'll have a look would be cool to walk around in it hehe but do you think the game engine handles 700 buildings plus roads, props and cars? could kill a computer maybe :s:s
I'll see what I can export. I've you have msn just let me know with pm and I'll send you some stuff to see and check this out.

in the mean while here is an update added some more details finished the roads and started a construction site in the town.

comments and/or crits would be appreciated

greets

Portfolio

11 November 2005
Great. I'll add you to my msn rela quick. One thing I forgot to mention is the ability to change scenes in the game. I can do that pretty good too. All I have to do is create an object, give it an actor with collision, and set the collision to change the scenes! So we could make like a block or two at a time. We'll experiment with it if you want.

The roads look pretty good but I was wondering if the line in the middle, is a texture or if you've actually indented it.

Last edited by Streen : 11 November 2005 at 11:00 PM.

11 November 2005
thanks again Streen. Talk to you really soon hehe (exporting to .obj )

well I finally found a host so the website is going .com and for this new release I'm redesigning my site. here is what I came up with: www.3d-caveman.com

Comments on this one would be really appreciated I'm not that good at it so any help is more then welcome.

greets

Portfolio

Last edited by TheCaveman : 11 November 2005 at 09:23 PM.

11 November 2005
I visited that and it looks really good. Some good news as well. I found a game engine that is free open source that looks pro. I'll look into it and see if I can learn the code enough to create a working walkthrough environment. We may have to sacrifice on the high end stuff though so it doesn't get super huge. Lately though I've been really busy trying to get caught up in school. I should get caught up today but it's a very large load of work. lol.

Thread Closed share thread