Enviroment: Treehouse

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2004
This came out much better than I'd expected, great texture work. I still think it would be worth the extra polys to make the roots look a little better though.

07 July 2004
Great job so far Athey. I love the texturing, especially the moss on the roots of the tree. My only crit would be that I think the house could be a bit darker, I think it blends with the roof a little too much. Can't wait to see it finished.

07 July 2004
Okay, got some leafy foilage in there. I'm leaning towards being done with the leaves, but if I get enough people that think I need to do more with it, I'll try.

07 July 2004
This really is awesome stuff.

I think you could put some decoration, hanging lights, sun beams, butterflies all around, maybe make the scene soon in the morning with contrasty bright, warm lighting. Only suggestions

Edit, I think the house is a bit too bright compared to the other things around.

07 July 2004
WOW! This is looking awesome!. If this is for a video game some graphics look like slightly low quality CG. Great! I think the leaves should have clusters here and there, and make it seem like seperate leaves, not a sheet with leaves on it.

07 July 2004
pretty, I especially like the colors. good work !

07 July 2004
Very cool! I especially like the texture work you've done, you've kept the cartoonish quality of the concept really well. I took a look at your site, great stuff. You characters and sketches have a great flow to them.

08 August 2004
this looks really good! i would suggest some more contrast in colours. other than that good job

08 August 2004
Looks awesome I'm thinking the tree leaf alpha looks a bit weird 'cause there's some leaves that are just hovering there with no attachment to anything, but that might just be me. It would be nice too see this in a "world" As it is the colours seen unbalanced with the bright green at the top and all, but I know that's only becuase it doesn't have other nice leafy green bits around it. X)

11 November 2004
Great job! The leaves do look a bit pattern-y. Not sure if that's just because of the map or what, but great job nonetheless!

:m

02 February 2005
Unbelievable work, there! That's looking so fantastic!

Only thing I would do is add a little "gradient" type effect on the grassroof, like a light to dark or vise versa. Like the bits hanging off the edges could be darker to help define things.

Man, those leaves are killer! We must see some flats, plz!

Looks great! Makes me want to play my Dragon Quest 8 on my PS2!

-pod

02 February 2005
looking real nice. I like the style and hope to see some more with this

02 February 2005
It looks really great. The only thing that I would do is add some green or earth tones to the house and/or straw roof. To me the color flow is strange with so much yellow in the middle with rich browns and green on the top and bottom. Maybe you could mix it up with some moss patches or more brown in the wood and straw. That is what just caught my eye.

Edit: A good example of what Im talking about is check out the difference in color between your steps and the floor boards. The contrast is strange.

Last edited by Beastie : 02 February 2005 at 11:23 PM.

02 February 2005
I agree with Beastie.

The straw could use some stronger colouring in it with more contrast. I think the leaves turned out really well though !

02 February 2005
I have a question... Is the interior supposed to be carved into the trunk? I mean, the plank walls seem to be pretty close to where the trunk would be if we assume that it continues upwards (and that's what trunks do). Some places the wall is even inside where the trunk would be. Like this:

The visible floor suggests that the trunk has actually been chopped off, but then how do the branches grow? Have thoughts been made regarding these things?

But otherwise, great design, and great realization.

Thread Closed share thread