Making Lighting and material R&D with unity for Filmmaking & game cinematics

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

1 Week Ago
Making Lighting and material R&D with unity for Filmmaking & game cinematics

As an aspirant lighting artist i've always tried to find ways to decrease the render process speed. The best solution is using realtime rendering engine. So after trying many solutions like Unreal, Lumion etc.
I'm jumping into Unity. You can see here the evolution of my researches. Thanks guys suggestions are welcome.

6 Days Ago
Question about the first scene, are the flames just textures on flat planes with luminance (or glow, terms differ between program material setups) and lights placed to help with the luminance? Just like having plants on a plane or spread of planes can build up foliage with less resources than modeling actual plants. I've only researched textures and lighting somewhat tangentially for Garry's Mod so I'm curious if I'm picking up on things.

6 Days Ago
Originally Posted by Foxermod: Question about the first scene, are the flames just textures on flat planes with luminance (or glow, terms differ between program material setups) and lights placed to help with the luminance? Just like having plants on a plane or spread of planes can build up foliage with less resources than modeling actual plants. I've only researched textures and lighting somewhat tangentially for Garry's Mod so I'm curious if I'm picking up on things.
Hi those are animated 3D flames and they are emitting lights.

reply share thread