Critique for University project - Winona Project

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

11 November 2017
Critique for University project - Winona Project

Hi Guys,

I am currently studying animation & find myself inclined towards modelling. This trimester i have chosen a project that involves my modelling my own character & bringing it to life by 3D printing the same. I am a novice at ZBrush & have never 3D printed anything before. I have currently almost finalised my model & have broken them up into smaller pieces for easier printing. I plan to digitally texture the same as well as airbrush paint the 3D model once i get it. I will continue to upload more pictures as i go along .

It would be great to hear from some of you experienced guys out there on what do you think of my work so far & how could i better the same.

Last edited by aneesharai : 11 November 2017 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Adding Project name to the title
  11 November 2017
That's cool youre dabbling in 3d printing. Your keys look great. Make sure to have a key to the base so she can easily be planted on to that base.
As of the model, your anatomy needs work. Some areas look like she doesnt have bones underneath.
Are the eyes on your character done like that on purpose?
3D concept/
Modeler Legacy Fx
  11 November 2017
Hi Hannah,

Thanks for your reply & valuable feedback. Really appreciate it. Yes the eyes were an attempt at doing it anime style though now it doesn't feel very successful. Could you elaborate a little more on the areas where you feel the anatomy is lacking & how it could be improved.

Once again, thanks for taking out the time & making an effort to reply to this post.

12 December 2017
hey guys -
As promised, below is a pic of my completed model titled - WINONA. This is a 1/6th scale 3D printed model. i added further details by using cloth, leather & feathers. I also have a short making of video available on my page

As always, constructive criticism that can help me learn & better my work further is always welcome & appreciated.

reply share thread