[WIP] Portal Gun Scene

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

08 August 2017
[WIP] Portal Gun Scene

I set myself this Portal inspired project to refresh myself with Maya before continuing my university course in September. I've done lots of modelling this summer, although this is the first time I've followed something through to completion.

This is just something that I've been working on over the last couple of day in my spare time. I'd love to get some feedback on my approach of modelling or any artistic critiques.

"Final Render"

Texturing has been done procedurally, which is a first for me.

I know it's not perfect, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Wireframe

Last edited by joshoantonio : 08 August 2017 at 11:56 AM.

3 Weeks Ago
I think your model is looking pretty good, nice and clean! In terms of presentation, I would suggest changing the composition to show the front of the gun. I think that could bring a nice visual point of interest to the shot. Perhaps you could also reveal a little more of the inside of the gun, (dismounted paneling, wiring, etc) again adding some meaning and excitement to the shot.

3 Weeks Ago
CheersPeter for the feedback!

The shot definitely needs more visual interest, and I reckon what you've suggested would work quite well to liven it up. I'm back at uni now, but over the Christmas holidays I'll open up the scene once again and post some updates.

reply share thread