Fang of the Sun Dougram: Bigfoot

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

09 September 2017
Pilots are in place and the visible side of the upper console has been detailed.

09 September 2017
Nearly done with the cockpit. The lower console is finished as best I could off the reference picture and I've totally made up some control details.

10 October 2017
Launcher now has missiles and the gun is finished. Not sure why I couldn't get the right colors with auto tone and auto color in PS like with the others but the image of it being held is the truer colors.

Last edited by Foxermod : 10 October 2017 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Remove excess images from trouble with the upload insert feature.

4 Weeks Ago
I find myself hitting a quandary. Right now I'm rigging the hands since there's no other way really that I see to have them round and jointed/weather sealed. This leaves me with the decision to 1. Do nothing more since I've moved the center pivots so that the rotation is where the joint would be and the mech is poseable as it is now (pending I finish weighting the skin on the fingers) 2. I go ahead and rig the rest of it and parent the meshes to the bones. 3. Parent everything to a max biped so the biped footsteps can be used to assist with animation. Suggestions?

Last edited by Foxermod : 4 Weeks Ago at 11:15 PM. Reason: correction of spelling and wrong autocorrect

3 Weeks Ago
I've found the bone rig keeps distorting the length of the fingertip when it flexes so at least for this little scene I've junked the skin and manually posed the fingers by 'grow'ing the selection and rotating and moving the vertices and 'shrink'ing the selection one ring. Rather tempting to make each finger movement a morph and see how that goes. All the posing here was done with the object pivot and no rigging.

Last edited by Foxermod : 3 Weeks Ago at 05:10 AM. Reason: Spelling correction

reply share thread