Critique on my first kitchen

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Critique on my first kitchen

Hi guys,
This is one of my first renders, i'm new to 3d.
My question is: Does it look like a photograph?

Last edited by WorldDevour : 1 Week Ago at 07:00 PM. Reason: to add thumbnail

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
looking great! the next step is to give it a tiny bit of history look for some areas to add the slightest imperfections keep posting

Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Overall good

Doesnt feel like you have a lot of space between the counter and the cabinet. Feel like 1 feet not enough

Also you should rework you floor. Doesnt match the quality of the rest of the textures

I also think your tiles area a bit big. You should share some refs to be sure

I would recommand you have a bigger bevel to you marble island. Too sharp to be realistic

Old 1 Week Ago   #4
Thank you guys, i will try toimplement your advice in my next work!

Old 1 Week Ago   #5
looking good. id say add some caustic rays to the scene from the light source to add more depth to the scene. the floor could use some tweaking ass it looks too clean against the scene. counter edges seem a little too slick to be realistic.

question on the glasses. is your back ground a dark grey? the glasses look like their filled with lead.. i had this same problem in MODO 201 long ago ,where my beer glass renders grey,, like filled with lead,, had to adjust the refle,, refla,,,, ray,,,, R- something property level to get it to look more like a glass..
good job overall and keep tweaking

*Spectacular 3D Entry*

Old 6 Days Ago   #6
Can you share with us a little bit more about what aspects your looking to improve in?

Are you focusing on improving more with the lighting/texturing work? Would you be willing to make improvements in your base model? Or even thinking further back, would you be open to making changes to the scene composition?

Going for photo realism can be an endless rabbit hole, so its helpful for us to know what areas you want to focus on. We can offer feedback on all kind of nuanced things from the structural layout of your kitchen, trim work on your cabinets, camera angle, counter top thickness, lighting angle, camera angle, nuanced render settings, floor reflection samples and falloff, ect...

Old 4 Days Ago   #7
This is my next kitchen. More complex than the previous one. My main concern is lighting and texturing right now, i want a program where you paint on top of the model all the values like color, weights, roughness, bump etc. I saw substance painter and designer, what do you think?
Btw thanks for the replies!

Old 4 Days Ago   #8
Its a scene without story or emotion. I would suggest a sunny day casting inside with godrays

Old 4 Days Ago   #9
I agree with that although I'm aiming for just photorealism right now and after that I will add more character to my works. I want to seem like they are photos

reply share thread