I have some new renders i want to share with the world

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

06 June 2017
Daz bought and developed further the old Poser software, so its basically DAZ/Poser - same thing.

This looks like an interesting project. When is this trailer of yours coming out?

06 June 2017
Originally Posted by skeebertus: Daz bought and developed further the old Poser software, so its basically DAZ/Poser - same thing.

This looks like an interesting project. When is this trailer of yours coming out?

Thank you very much, Trailer should be done by August. Rendering is tanking a while to finish up. You can sub to my YouTube page so you can know when it's gets posted. https://www.youtube.com/CodeNameTBW

I just uploaded a new picture to my WIP page.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?f=43&t=1449793
People where complaining. About me posting here so.

07 July 2017
As it stands Aug,1, is when I will upload the trailer I will post both of them here then. In hopes to get some feed back from the pros. On where I can improve.*The Launch Gate

08 August 2017
Here we are 1/8/2017
Ok guys all feedback welcomed. Good and bad

08 August 2017
Originally Posted by sacboi: A pity these forums have devolved to such a state nowadays...
This could be easily resolved by an admin moving this into the proper section, if this forum software has that option.
I just don't think there are that many admins active these days, and even fewer who really care. And you need these 2 things at the very minimal to keep forums in these social media days vibrant and active.

10 October 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI-_j9-oVaE

Hey guys my first Episode is out have a look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI-_j9-oVaE

Last edited by CodeNameTBW : 10 October 2017 at 03:06 PM.

10 October 2017
Just watched it. It works on a story level and the directing is ok as well. Nice sound effects and voice work too.

You do have some serious grain in some of your renders though. The bus interior in particular is very noisy. That suggests that you use Global Illumination for everything.

Also the bits where your frames go static comic-book style are very unusual and jarring. I would go back and render those bits with proper animation, rather than jumping ahead to the next episode. A professional watching this would think "oops - it was good when it started, but there's rendered bits missing all over the place" when the action freezes into stills.

The quality of your Youtube upload is also a bit low.

Some of your renders could be done much cleaner and better and far more dramatic just using normal lighting well, rather than GI all the time. You need to learn how to use lights/shadows a bit better. I told you a while back to look into 3 point lighting techniques. If nothing else helps, buy a book on film lighting or cinematography.

This lighting and rendering book by Jeremy Birn was very popular on this forum years ago when everybody was starting out:

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Ligh...r/dp/0321928989

If you can keep this going, who knows, you may be able to pitch this to a Television production company or such? That is, of course, if you own the IP rights to the novel.

If you are going to pitch to a production company, don't do it without fully rendered animated episodes. They won't like the bits where the frames become stills at all. It'll strike them as incomplete work.

Good luck. Its nice to see full CG used to tell a story like this (normally this would be a live-action film or TV show most likely).

10 October 2017
First off welcome to the forums and thanks for posting. I'll move this to the WIP modeling forum later today and you may want to get some help in the lighting forum form JoJo one of our mods and users that's super helpful as well .

It looks like your composition is pretty good that helps a lot to give you space to focus on lighting, depth of field and things like color scripting. Ty Carter has some great 2d color scripting tutorials on gumroad, very affordable and will help really push your work further. Don't worry if your works not what you think it should be or compare it to others just worry about pushing your own skills until you can show an image the way you want it to look. Theres a whole lot of rendering and lighting knowledge on the site and good people to give advice.

For all new users and old.
Leaving this thread here for a few hours as a reminder that many new users have not used forums before and we have no problem directing you to the right forum to get you targeted help. If you don't know where a topic fits, posting to general discussions is fine so we can help send you the right direction and move the thread once you get an answer. No user should be afraid to post because they might be posting in the wrong forum and feel free to have a look around to see what's available on the site. I would much rather our users ask a question that's been asked before than to be directed to a 4 year old thread, though the old threads can get you information when needed as well.

reply share thread