XBO Sketchbook

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

10 October 2014

Last edited by Kangaltwo : 10 October 2014 at 08:42 PM.

10 October 2014
Originally Posted by Kangaltwo: I love your pickness about perfect surfacing and reflections, i'm just like u mate and i understand your way.
This project will come out as good as i expect

Thnx mate!!
Hope is going to be like you said.
If you find something, just let me know.

Cheers and have a great modeling day

My Basics Mel Scripts
~{xbo_::_Scripts}~

10 October 2014

Last edited by Kangaltwo : 10 October 2014 at 08:42 PM.

10 October 2014
It is so extremely precise, unable to fault it. What program / method do you use to model?

10 October 2014

Last edited by Kangaltwo : 10 October 2014 at 08:43 PM.

10 October 2014
Originally Posted by Kangaltwo: Remember, not the program, but the way u use it. Anyway, it's a NURBS model, and the software is probabilly Autodesk Alias.

Heh yes this I know. Was just very interested as you two both produce some of the cleanest car models I've seen. Sorry to hijack 2xbo's thread, but do you also use Alias?

10 October 2014
Hi guys!

Thnx for your kind words!!≥

Originally Posted by Kangaltwo: Ehmm...i'm sorry my friend, but i just can't find anything to point out. Your model so far is honestly perfect , and consider i'm a very picky guy about car modeling u know

Thnx Davide! Yes I know how you picky you are. Just like me.

Originally Posted by DVour: It is so extremely precise, unable to fault it. What program / method do you use to model?

I use Nurbs and ... you dont need to know the program (Answer under the next comment )

Originally Posted by Kangaltwo: Remember, not the program, but the way u use it. Anyway, it's a NURBS model, and the software is probabilly Autodesk Alias.

What already Kangaltwo said is 100%≥ correct.

Even using MaYa! You can achieve the same results an much faster. (Sory Im just only MaYa user. 3Ds Max or other programs... I dont use)

I develop a technique to bee also that precise in MaYa.
Maybe you are asking... then why to use Alias?
The answer is simple. I work mostly using Alias all day and when I have a 5 Min. break I model the car.

This car is a personal Project and the other tones of Models I made I cant show theme.

Program used:
Alias
Technique:
Nurbs

Keep in Mind what "Kangaltwo" already said. No matter which program you use. The most important are your modeling skills and how to approach certain tool to develop/design your models.

Originally Posted by DVour: Heh yes this I know. Was just very interested as you two both produce some of the cleanest car models I've seen. Sorry to hijack 2xbo's thread, but do you also use Alias?

No worries you are always welcome to comment here
Yes I use Alias.

My Basics Mel Scripts

10 October 2014
!!Please don't try this at home!!
This is really hardcore modeling
Im not kidding!!

My Basics Mel Scripts

10 October 2014
Cool thanks for that info I thought it was nurbs. I would like to learn how to approach these kinds of models in nurbs some time, my experience for this modelling is only from Rhino back in its early days. I've never layed eyes on Alias, but I've heard it is a complex beast

10 October 2014
Originally Posted by DVour: Cool thanks for that info I thought it was nurbs. I would like to learn how to approach these kinds of models in nurbs some time, my experience for this modelling is only from Rhino back in its early days. I've never layed eyes on Alias, but I've heard it is a complex beast

I guess I know what do you mean with "Nurbs"

You meant MaYa Nurbs = right?

Well you can do this also in MaYa nurbs.

Dont be confuse... Alias is a Nurbs program.
......................... Rhino so far as I know is also a Nurbs program (I am right Kangaltwo ?)

About Rhino and Nurbs.
http://www.rhino3d.com/nurbs

And my answer to your comment:
- I've never layed eyes on Alias, but I've heard it is a complex beast

Yes, it is. Is really complex beast≥. You forgot to type ≥

My Basics Mel Scripts

10 October 2014
Hi Guys!
The last update for today

Show me the Hi-Resolution image

My Basics Mel Scripts

Last edited by 2xbo : 10 October 2014 at 09:44 PM.

10 October 2014

Last edited by Kangaltwo : 10 October 2014 at 08:43 PM.

10 October 2014
Modeling cars has never been my strength and I am in complete awe of your work! Definitely helps inspire me to practise my car work

10 October 2014
You should share your wireframe.

10 October 2014
Morning Davide,

Originally Posted by Kangaltwo: The seam in the attachment isn't aligned with the rear door, if u're modeling the 6er Gran Coupe'.

Yes it is. I dont know why is this now happening. I have a couple of visualisation Problems
I will post an image later

Hi
Originally Posted by Scote: You should share your wireframe.

I think is not important, cause is understanble this method.
But I will post some later on.

My Basics Mel Scripts

reply share thread